Cleveland Indians will change logo, says it's racist and offensive

How utterly disgusting that the organization caved to that pressure. It's just a sports logo like so many others. Where does the slippery slope of offense end and are any of these logos also racist?

127px-Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png

243px-Boston_Celtics.svg.png

1280px-Pittsburgh_Pirates_MLB_Logo.svg.png

154px-Ottawa_Senators.svg.png

193px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png

Leftist ideology is rapidly eroding free speech.

<Huh2><{outtahere}><36>

I don't believe native american was adopted until much later in the 60s and 70s. After the civil rights movement they used the term "native american," so i dont think it is a coincidence that happened after minorities became legal equals to whites.
There are gaping multi-decade holes in your timeline, and temporal diction holds no bearing on the nuts and bolts of the argument in front of you.
At the point at which they considered blacks 3/5ths of a white men they used the term racist term " indians."
That term isn't racist-- you need go right now and educate yourself on what that term actually means. Furthermore, they used a great many terms during that time which both are and are not current today. This is an asinine exhibition of conflation as correlation.
I've even seen scientists and writers use the term "native american," are they SJW's too
Scientists and writers are being politically sensitive. None of the "native Americans" were native to this continent, some had separate origins/ancestries, and there's a possibility the dominant group that originally crossed the Bering Sea weren't even the first people here.

I know: history and truth are an inconvenience to the SJW agenda.

90% of gestures are empty, it's almost implied in the word at this point. But I think small net positives are good for society, and this is a change that makes a small group of people happy, most people don't care, and people who like getting butthurt get butthurt. Looks positive to me. Sports teams change their logos all the time, why is it okay if it comes from a focus group and not an advocacy group?
The great political philosophy of appeasement.

This is weakness, and it leads to ruin.

The great political philosophy of appeasement.

This is weakness, and it leads to ruin.

Lol, just get out of drama class? It leads to ruin? It sounds like democracy to me. Isn't leaving Wahoo the same just appeasing the butthurt white people who's self-worth is tied to some baseball game they attended in 1973? Sounds pretty weak to me.

Lol, just get out of drama class? It leads to ruin? It sounds like democracy to me. Isn't leaving Wahoo the same just appeasing the butthurt white people who's self-worth is tied to some baseball game they attended in 1973? Sounds pretty weak to me.
What about this was "democratic"?

What about this was "democratic"?
Some people really wanted it changed, some people thought it was an a good idea (i.e. Remedy, Revo, and I, who are definitely not SJWs or whatever), the vast majority don't care, and some are strongly against it. Net result, more people are happy if it is changed, in my opinion. I won't lose or gain a wink of sleep, to be honest, but it's nice imagining someone out there is happier.

If you don't buy that as democracy, how about the business aspect? The Indians organization made a decision to protect their brand (and probably to try reinvigorate themselves with a rebranding). Do you think they didn't crunch some numbers and do research? It's cynical, sure, but it's their right, and it means they thought this puts them in a positive light, which it does.

What's your objection again? Something about changing baseball logos turning America into Mad Max in the future?

I dont really care one way or the other, Im just wondering at what point are folks not offended by everything.

Should Bama and NC drop their names due to the Confederate history?

There are gaping multi-decade holes in your timeline, and temporal diction holds no bearing on the nuts and bolts of the argument in front of you.

That term isn't racist-- you need go right now and educate yourself on what that term actually means. Furthermore, they used a great many terms during that time which both are and are not current today. This is an asinine exhibition of conflation as correlation.

Scientists and writers are being politically sensitive. None of the "native Americans" were native to this continent, some had separate origins/ancestries, and there's a possibility the dominant group that originally crossed the Bering Sea weren't even the first people here.

I know: history and truth are an inconvenience to the SJW agenda.
So are you saying in order to be called native, one's ancestors need to have sprung from the earth they live on like trees?

Some people really wanted it changed, some people thought it was an a good idea (i.e. Remedy, Revo, and I, who are definitely not SJWs or whatever), the vast majority don't care, and some are strongly against it. Net result, more people are happy if it is changed, in my opinion. I won't lose or gain a wink of sleep, to be honest, but it's nice imagining someone out there is happier.

If you don't buy that as democracy, how about the business aspect? The Indians organization made a decision to protect their brand (and probably to try reinvigorate themselves with a rebranding). Do you think they didn't crunch some numbers and do research? It's cynical, sure, but it's their right, and it means they thought this puts them in a positive light, which it does.

What's your objection again? Something about changing baseball logos turning America into Mad Max in the future?
Concession accepted. This has nothing to do with Democracy. Don't lazily invoke that when somebody points out an attitude of appeasement.
So are you saying in order to be called native, one's ancestors need to have sprung from the earth they live on like trees?
I'm pointing out that the "Native Americans" aren't Native. I haven't, but I'll also point out now that they don't enjoy any divine claim to the land, and that individual tribes maintained control of their respective lands (against other "Native Americans", typically) by the exact same mechanism that whites & other non-natives control it now: martial dominance.

I'm also referencing the possibility of the Polynesian theory.

lmao @ the butthurt from the people who don't want it removed. Too fucking funny.

LMAO at “leads to ruin” brace yourselves guys, chief wahoo is the beginning of the apocalypse.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays changed to the Rays a few years back under pressure from Evangelicals and other Christian groups. I don't remember the outrage and calls of 'weakness leading to ruin' at the time. No one cared.

I need to pick up a couple Indians hats this year and them sell them in another 10 years.

Let's face it, it is pretty racist.

Only the natives have to put up with this blatant racism. Like really, it's akin to having a pro-sports team named "The Darkies" with this as their logo:

th

I have no problem with them changing it up. Change the name while you're at it, too. It's pretty ridiculous.
Lol this. Really can't understand how it's even a debate

I'm pointing out that the "Native Americans" aren't Native.

I'm also referencing the possibility of the Polynesian theory.
uh yeah, you made that clear before that you dont believe native americans are native. I was asking because i wanted to hear more on how you qualify being native.

Last edited:
lmao @ the butthurt from the people who don't want it removed. Too fucking funny.
Dont care its removed or not. Im just genuinely curious at what point is everything not offensive.

Back