Cleveland Indians will change logo, says it's racist and offensive

Good, I never got too upset about it, but it can't be too hard to design a logo that's symbolic without being a caricature.

And the world gets a little dumber by the day...

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a559a885970b-600wi

Sheesh, just strip "Braves" and "Indians" and other references altogether.

Let Native Americans be forgotten completely. Unlike the Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, Barbarians, Berserkers, Samurai and all other manner of warrior/extinct culture celebrated as sports mascots, they won't even have a popular everyday reminder that they were once mighty...or existed at all.

Sheesh, just strip "Braves" and "Indians" and other references altogether.

Let Native Americans be forgotten completely. Unlike the Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, Barbarians, Berserkers, Samurai and all other manner of warrior/extinct culture celebrated as sports mascots, they won't even have a popular everyday reminder that they were once mighty...or existed at all.

Native Americans are not Indians, the white man called them that and never changed it even though they knew they weren't in India

actually, the spanish when arriving called the locals 'indios de ninos' which was later shortened to 'indios' and later still to 'indians'.

early explorers like cristobal colon, as well as his more renowned countryman columbus, believed he had landed in the Indies, not India.

and the spanish aren't 'white men' either, they're hispanic.

Last edited:
Good, I never got too upset about it, but it can't be too hard to design a logo that's symbolic without being a caricature.

Wow, you must really hate Notre Dame's team name/logo. Oh wait; no you don't.

The pussification of America continues.

Lame. This country is overrun by people who fake outrage.

some ppl are addicted to outrage and complaining
its their raison d'etre, if you will

Oh the irony of this thread
Hella white people outraged that theres a little less racism in the world
Poor you guys

Who cares about a shit franchise like the Indians anyways.

Native Americans are not Indians, the white man called them that and never changed it even though they knew they weren't in India

Wait... So you would go with the other word the white man came up with? Or are you under the impression they came up with native Americans?

Wow, you must really hate Notre Dame's team name/logo. Oh wait; no you don't.
Wow, you're right. I never thought of it that way. Checkmate, old boy!

Of course I don't. Irish love the feisty drinker stereotype, it gets them laid. If Chief Wahoo got more Indians laid maybe we wouldn't be here.

Oh the irony of this thread
Hella white people outraged that theres a little less racism in the world
Poor you guys
Lol, no. The only ones who are "outraged" are the ones who felt compelled to villify some harmless symbol. Everyone else is just commenting on the absurdity of equating said harmless symbol with legit racism.

Wow, you're right. I never thought of it that way. Checkmate, old boy!

Of course I don't. Irish love the feisty drinker stereotype, it gets them laid. If Chief Wahoo got more Indians laid maybe we wouldn't be here.
Yeah, I get it. Negative stereotypes are acceptable for some groups, but not others.

Back