Cleto Reyes with extra padding OR Fairtex training gloves!??

corporatefit93

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to buy a new pair of gloves ASAP because I can't take these Everlast Protex 2's anymore. I'm 6'0 tall 190/195 and I'll be fighting at 185. I'm a hard hitter with a history of boxing and I'm hoping I'll be having my MMA/Muay Thai debut fight in the near future. I've been researching relentlessly for the past few days to the point it's starting to annoy my girlfriend and myself. I'll be using the gloves for ALOT of boxing/punching on heavy bags, mitts. sparring, pretty much everything. I do like utilizing the clinch and throwing kicks into the mix but with my strength and boxing background I tend to punch a lot and hit hard. I've narrowed it down to either the Cleto Reyes training gloves with extra padding OR a quality pair of Fairtex gloves. I'm looking for a pair that'll last me a long time, be original (not what everyone else has), and will let me keep my punching technique up while also allowing me to block heavy kicks, utilize clinch, and give me ease of movement for throwing kicks. I was thinking that if I could find a nice Muay thai glove with a grip bar, then it would still benefit my boxing but the only fairtex glove I've found like this is the BVG4 and I've seen in reviews that it isn't a tight fitting glove and there's to much room. I have normal/bigger hands for a guy so I don't know what would be best for me. Can anyone relate and/or help me out!?? Thanks I really appreciate it

I looked at boons but don't they only have one type of glove? looks a bit ordinary like other ones I've seen. also I looked at twins special and the artistic material looks like it will easily wear off and the only pair I'm considering from twins have no reviews. Have you guys ever heard of the Twins TACTICAL BOXING GLOVES? They're on the website with a small description and look like what I'm looking for but I cant find any reviews.

-1 for Boons. They are always underweight and you never know what you are going to get in terms of quality. Title Boons are usually under weight, but have nice leather. I also tried Boons from another vendor here and got very bad leather, lousy stitching and etc.
Twins are good gloves in my opinion, but I would stick with the well known model BGVL3. They are nice for sparring, but I would not have them as dual purpose gloves - sparring and bag.
You might want to look at Hayabusas as well, if what you are looking for is one pair for sparring and bag.

Last edited:
Back