1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" vs "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by ECS123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ECS123 Purple Belt

^ Hey, thanks for the photos. Like I said, to the previous post, mine look just like those except for the color. And, as I said before, those Casanovas you have, look like pretty cool gloves.

:icon_chee

2. chino0503 Black Belt

ok you know how all reyes gloves are branded with a number? both of my gloves are in the 7k range, my buddy who just bought his in tj are in the 2k range.

the gloves felt different. padding was slightly different, the thumb pocket was alittle bit smaller and and the leather was alittle bit more lose on the glove. next time i see my buddy i will ask him if i can really take a close look at his gloves.

but ones things for sure.... they're both not the same. LOOK THE SAME, same labels but instantly off the back i can tell they were different. will keep u guys updated

3. BamBam12 White Belt

I disagree 1000%. They are not the same glove and I'm going by exp.

4. BamBam12 White Belt

I bought some gloves from Lockwood Industries over 2 years ago. We spoke on this exact subject and he stated that the cut of the 2 gloves is different.

5. Titanium Jaw Orange Belt

Im getting a pair from boxingdepot.com.......has anyone ever ordered from there?

6. BamBam12 White Belt

Their basically a sub division of Ringside. I would order from Kurt at Lockwood Industries.

7. ECS123 Purple Belt

Well, I can't stop you from disagreeing 1000%, because, that's your option. What I can tell you is that they are the same gloves. Reyes does not make two separate gloves, one for Mexican distribution, and one for USA distribution.

The fact is that I specifically went out of my way to purchase "Mexican Market" Reyes gloves, that came sealed in the factory package from Reyes in Mexico, and have a 9k series serial number stamped on them. All the writing on the exterior package labels was in Spanish only, and when I opened the gloves, and fished down into the inside of the one of the gloves, there was a loose paper tag that had been placed in there by Reyes at the factory, that had a,

"USA Borders and Protection Agency" offical authorization number stamped on it for USA Import and Distribution.

This was in additon to Mexican Government numbers.

So, if you prefer to believe the marketing ploy that you got something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves, you are certainly more than welcome to do that. Me, however, I would prefer to base my findings on personal knowledge, and fact.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  8. ECS123 Purple Belt

And, Boxing Depot is not a subdivision of Ringside. They merely purchase some of their products from Ringside, who by the way, is an Official Distributor of Reyes in Mexico.

9. santaana1 White Belt

I got my hands on an official 2010 product catalog in .pdf format directly from Cleto Reyes. (It was neither easy nor timely, for some reason.) It seems a little more comprehensive then their website. If anybody is interested in seeing it, and can tell me how to make it visible to the forum, then let me know and I can put it out there for all to see.

10. ECS123 Purple Belt

If you have the original Link or URL address, you can highlight and copy it, then at the top of this messsage screen click on the globe and chain link symbol "insert link", it will open a separate screen at the top left. Just click and paste it into the area, but, be sure you hit and delete the preformatted "http" symbol before you copy and paste the entire code into that area or you will get two "https" and it will fail. Then just hit ok, and it will add the link to the message box.

11. zx adventurer

I have bought mine from this site. I guess it's mexican market ones then?

12. santaana1 White Belt

It's out there for all to see. After further review, there are products in this catalog that aren't on their website. Maybe you can get one of the aforementioned resellers to stock up on something you like.

http://www.southwesternmuaythai.com/CLETO_REYES_2010.pdf

13. ECS123 Purple Belt

Yeah, I hear that is a really good site, and I think quite a few people from here get their Cleto Reyes gloves from there. He used to sell on Ebay and may still, but I didn't know he had his own website. He is one of the few places that seems to have the Casanova's. "Chino" has some and so does "Clamp" or at least he did. They both say the Casanova's are great gloves.

14. ECS123 Purple Belt

Thanks, great post. That catalog is much better than the website.

15. BamBam12 White Belt

Read my post again. I said they are basically a sub division not they are a subdivision. Which means they purchase from a larger distributor.:)

16. BamBam12 White Belt

It's not my option its my opinion. Just like you have yours. And no I don't believe I have 'something "extra special, authentic, and different" in the "Mexican Market" gloves'. But I do believe I have the Mexican 'only' type of gloves. The proof is in the puddin so to speak. And most people that have/had both not only agree with Lockwood Industries and my opinion. But their Ringside version where either sold or not used. The other 1% is you.:)

17. zx adventurer

Ok, here is the thing with my pair:

Made in Mexico (according to inside label), 2K.

18. MajorTom Purple Belt

You have to consider that all the people you claim agree with you and who sold their ringside gloves for the mexican market ones may have been led to believe they had something inferior by people like you saying there was something more authentic or better about the other ones.

19. BamBam12 White Belt

I don't have to consider anything like that because I'm not in the business of trying to convince fighters which gloves to use. I'm not a seller or distributor of any type of product. So your going to have to consider that assuming something like you just mentioned is bogus.

20. billboxing BEAULIEU custom boxing equipment