Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" vs "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves?

what bout ringside grants gloves? they all good? authentic?

I do not own any Grants, and have not researched that, however, several people on here do, and I believe the Grant website or telephone number is somehow linked in or together with Ringside (according to some post information that I have read) in some way. So, I am going to assume that they are a good place to get them. Maybe someone who has better information on that can add to this post.

:icon_chee

Lockwood's Industries in California confirmed the above information. The photos on Ringside's website are outdated "stock" photos. All the training gloves that came from Cleto Reyes for a period of time were marked with that wording and design. That design was discontinued by the Cleto Reyes factory in Mexico, two years ago. If Ringside bought the previous design in bulk, that may account for why they left the older style "stock" photos up.

The second photo you posted from Ebay is the current design, that has appeared on all Cleto Reyes training gloves manufactured in the last two years. If you go to the "Rate this Gear" guys Youtube review on the Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups, you will see that the review he did was posted in the last month. The gloves he reviewed were compted to him by Boxing Depot. Boxing Depot gets supplied by Ringside, and you can see that the ones he is reviewing are the same design as the ones offered on Ebay by HAMD.

At any rate, Boxing Depot and Ringside Boxing are completely out of Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups. So, any gloves that come from Ringside in the future "should" have the same logos and designs as those pictured on Ebay.

See the attached video:

Note in the Video: As I said in the original post, even though he states, "he did not like the original ones that he got from Ringside", the ones he "now likes" came from Boxing Depot who is supplied by Ringside. So, they both came from Ringside. Little things like that, and outdated stock images are fueling the debate and controversy.

^ This is what I believe.

Here check out Title Boxing's photos, they seem up to date:

Reyes Lace Training Gloves | Reyes Boxing Gloves | Boxing Gloves & Boxing Glove Accessories from Title Boxing

titleboxing_2120_29730395

titleboxing_2120_29803024

Lockwood's Industries in California confirmed the above information. The photos on Ringside's website are outdated "stock" photos. All the training gloves that came from Cleto Reyes for a period of time were marked with that wording and design. That design was discontinued by the Cleto Reyes factory in Mexico, two years ago. If Ringside bought the previous design in bulk, that may account for why they left the older style "stock" photos up.

The second photo you posted from Ebay is the current design, that has appeared on all Cleto Reyes training gloves manufactured in the last two years. If you go to the "Rate this Gear" guys Youtube review on the Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups, you will see that the review he did was posted in the last month. The gloves he reviewed were compted to him by Boxing Depot. Boxing Depot gets supplied by Ringside, and you can see that the ones he is reviewing are the same design as the ones offered on Ebay by HAMD.

At any rate, Boxing Depot and Ringside Boxing are completely out of Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz. Lace Ups. So, any gloves that come from Ringside in the future "should" have the same logos and designs as those pictured on Ebay.

See the attached video:

Note in the Video: As I said in the original post, even though he states, "he did not like the original ones that he got from Ringside", the ones he "now likes" came from Boxing Depot who is supplied by Ringside. So, they both came from Ringside. Little things like that, and outdated stock images are fueling the debate and controversy.

Well Selling outdated products that aren't sold in Mexico is a pretty big deal to me and that's my point, those are not the gloves that people are looking for when they order Reyes gloves, they want the ones that are being sold in Mexico. Who's gonna guarantee me that Ringside or any of the other sellers outside of Mexico are out of stock of the old gloves and will send me the Reyes that I'm looking for and not the US version? And what is the Ringside tag for if there is no difference?

And the video you posted basically confirms what i'm saying. Those are not the Reyes they're selling in Mexico. And they aren't outdated gloves either. It's a US version. The "authentic" Reyes in blue they're selling in Mexico don't have the black palm area. And the red ones (posted by royjoneschin) aren't outdated either. It's a US/UK version. The authentic ones are all red. They don't have a black thumb or black piping. They're all red. I know because i have them. :D

There are so many people on ebay that confirm that the Mexican Reyes are not the same as the US version. I don't think they're lying.

People have to decide for themselfs what they're gonna order.

Last edited:
Well Selling outdated products that aren't sold in Mexico is a pretty big deal to me and that's my point, those are not the gloves that people are looking for when they order Reyes gloves, they want the ones that are being sold in Mexico. Who's gonna guarantee me that Ringside or any of the other sellers outside of Mexico are out of stock of the old gloves and will send me the Reyes that I'm looking for and not the US version? And what is the Ringside tag for if there is no difference?

And the video you posted basically confirms what i'm saying. Those are not the Reyes they're selling in Mexico. And they aren't outdated gloves either. It's a US version. The "authentic" Reyes in blue they're selling in Mexico don't have the black palm area. And the red ones (posted by royjoneschin) aren't outdated either. It's a US/UK version. The authentic ones are all red. They don't have a black thumb or black piping. They're all red. I know because i have them. :D

There are so many people on ebay that confirm that the Mexican Reyes are not the same as the US version. I don't think they're lying.

People have to decide for themselfs what they're gonna order.

You're referring to my latter post, right? (the U.K. pics)

What about the ones sold by Title Boxing? Those photos seem to be the Mexican Market ones, based on the colors matching the piping/inner thumb area.

what bout ringside grants gloves? they all good? authentic?

grants are all good, they are an american company that makes their gloves in mexico. their primary market is america, so they sell the best in america.

Nice thread guys. I'll soon get mine 10 oz safetecs and write down a review with tons of HQ pics.

im getting my 14oz reyes tomorrow from mexico. guess theres no difference besides when they were made.

My pops just came back from the motherland with some black 16's for me. When I go down there and pick them up I'll put up some pic's if you guys want.

My pops just came back from the motherland with some black 16's for me. When I go down there and pick them up I'll put up some pic's if you guys want.

Thanks, that would be great.

Pics, please. Hi-res only.

i left them at the gym. just got them yesterday. i bought a pair from grupo hamd and these ones my girlfriend got from mexico also. they're the same exact glove. never seen or tried on the ringsides ones... so i cant tell you if they're different or not.

i will post pics asap.

This is speculation from my part, but I'm pretty sure boxing gloves are regulated in the states, and they probably have to pass some tests that the mexican market glove can't to get in. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

Alright, here go the one's my pops brought back from Mexico. I also put them up against my TU's.

^ Nice gloves. Mine look just like those except they are Blue w/ White color.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and heres a pic of my sparring gear. i use the reyes for bag/mitt work and casanovas for sparring. reyes gloves actually have alittle more padding on the knuckle area but its the shape that makes these a punchers glove. it has more of a curved shape on the end of the fist... making it more pointy. while casanovas have less padding but land more flat.

picture.php

Back