Cleto reyes gloves

DSCF2237.jpg

Are these the pro fight gloves? They look awesome. How many oz are these bad boys?

Btw, never knew Reyes made kicking pads. Those're nice.

I was just about to ask about those particular gloves. Thanks crossdx.

They look a lot like the Pro Mex gloves, not the fight gloves but the training gloves. Uncanny influence from the Reyes.

kshaft please post pics of the promex, ive been dying to see them next to a familiar glove

hey kshaft, did you ever get word back from the HQ about the 16 oz weight in an 10 oz size?

Are these the pro fight gloves? They look awesome. How many oz are these bad boys?

Btw, never knew Reyes made kicking pads. Those're nice.

mmm i don't remember well man

i think those were the pro 12 oz Pro they felt amazing

i ll post more pics as soon as i upload

funny thin they looked a lot like the 18 oz they had in the place
obviously the 18 had much wider pad

hey kshaft, did you ever get word back from the HQ about the 16 oz weight in an 10 oz size?

Yeah she said they could do it, but I was wary to send my CC over the internet. Also, Customs and shipping would combine to cost an additional $100 so they would have to go to through Ringside some how. Im still interested, no doubt, but still working out the details.

wait wha! why'd u send them back? something happen performance wise?

They were just unnecessary. They were a Reyes knock off, Ive got two pairs(of Reyes), will probably get more. They are good if you like the style and cant afford the Reyes, but the Title Gels I recieved were superior, and I kept those while sending the pro mex pro fight glove and Title Platinums (which I did not care for) back as well. Im getting a timer and shoes in exchange, which I can use much more than three pairs of gloves Id barley use.

KShaft,

Do you have a website/store, own a gym, or just love having lots of gear?

hey kshaft do the ringside reyes have a bigger profile than the everlast pro line and hows the padding compared to the everlasts?
thanks in advance i've been dueling on buying the cletos

hey kshaft do the ringside reyes have a bigger profile than the everlast pro line and hows the padding compared to the everlasts?
thanks in advance i've been dueling on buying the cletos

Oh the profile is a bit bigger on the Cletos, but this may surprise you, I think the padding is better on the Cletos as well, but keep in mind I have 14 oz Everlasts.

Ill take a picture to compare sooner or later....

thanks in advance kshaft, i would really appreciate it if you did take some comparative pictures, to help me decide

Thats great Im glad youre diggin em. If my finger/knuckle ever heals I may try to use the crazy Reyes again (Mexican Market ones).

It seems I'm liking these gloves more and more each time I use them. Might be my imagination, but the hand compartment even feels more snug now. The gloves' fist is still as wide as ever on the outside, but inside it feels snug and comfortable. Weird.

Btw Shaft, how's the hand injury? Hope you're healing up well, bro.

It seems I'm liking these gloves more and more each time I use them. Might be my imagination, but the hand compartment even feels more snug now. The gloves' fist is still as wide as ever on the outside, but inside it feels snug and comfortable. Weird.

Btw Shaft, how's the hand injury? Hope you're healing up well, bro.

My hand still has pings of pain, but for the most part Im good.

Guess what though, I may have a stress fracture on my lower left leg :D

I can walk on it okay,(some pain but nothing major) but for my lightweight bouncing and dancing around, just aint hapening. Cant hop on it. Freaking one thing after another. Been doing a lot of bag work and shadow boxing. Working the Rocky Marciano distance closing and shotgun jabs and jumping hooks :) (I can jump but not bounce and stay on the toes).

But, I got a pair of Ringside 12oz Reyes. Im using them and my winnings (depending on the wardrobe... the reyes are a nice red, and I have a pair of Reyes shorts the same color) for the bag. Size wise they are a good fit. Smaller of course than the 16ozers.

They dont work quite as good as the winnings, but I think they work damn good. Ive had better luck with em than AVT had.

Oh, and Dan Mosby is still AWOL.

Thanks for the concern!

Damn, sorry to hear about your leg, man. Can't catch a break with these injuries, eh? no pun intended

I've had that problem too in the past, and it sucks the fun out of training somewhat. Always being in pain = no fun. lol

Good to hear you're still able to bag and shadow box. As for the Ringside Reyes, I'm entertaining the idea of getting a pair, but since I'm loving the MM gloves so far, I'll put that on hold for a while. I am getting the pro fight gloves from Ringside though, which I'm assuming has a similar cut/profile to their training gloves.

I'm okay with waiting as long as it takes for Mosby, btw, so it's no biggie. But gotta say this, the man is more elusive than Machida. :)
No worries though, even if it never happens. I've got way too many gloves as it is that I've actually had to sell a few pairs off. I know, sacrilege, but I needed some other stuff and only got rid of the redundant ones.

Damn, sorry to hear about your leg, man. Can't catch a break with these injuries, eh? no pun intended

I've had that problem too in the past, and it sucks the fun out of training somewhat. Always being in pain = no fun. lol

Good to hear you're still able to bag and shadow box. As for the Ringside Reyes, I'm entertaining the idea of getting a pair, but since I'm loving the MM gloves so far, I'll put that on hold for a while. I am getting the pro fight gloves from Ringside though, which I'm assuming has a similar cut/profile to their training gloves.

I'm okay with waiting as long as it takes for Mosby, btw, so it's no biggie. But gotta say this, the man is more elusive than Machida. :)
No worries though, even if it never happens. I've got way too many gloves as it is that I've actually had to sell a few pairs off. I know, sacrilege, but I needed some other stuff and only got rid of the redundant ones.

Oh, speaking of which, I returned the pro mex gloves, and the platinum gloves and exchanged them for the mma timer and ring pro shoes, and it was a damn good call. Every one likes the timer, and the shoes are really better than the jordan shoes, from a practical perspective.

Man, Machida and his 'elusiveness' is SO overrated. He doesnt even remain close to the pocket and as soon as someone sets up he totally disengages. True elusiveness is when a guy can stay in close and counter or just not get hit. He just moves out as soon as his opponent get set and attacks with gay ass point karate check kicks. I used to do that 16 years ago(and guess what I was studying, Kwan Mu Karate, which is Korean Shotokan. What a coincidence huh??). It doesnt take much skill. He is skilled, but not in what people commonly give him credit for.

Ill shoot mr. Mosby another email. Let him know AGAIN theres someone interested.

Have a good one,
Keith

Thanks, Keith. I appreciate it.

Oh, and the Machida comment was a joke that obviously bombed, and I agree with you on your assessment anyway. Let's never speak of it again. :wink:

Back