Cleared for Takeoff: Tony Ferguson Passes Medical

Tony vs. Khabib

• Total voters
Lee is not a tough matchup for Khabib, because he doesn't have the cardio to grapple for 5 rounds, he can barely grapple for 2.
He doesn't have the cardio to get outgrappled for five rounds. He's fine when he can set the pace and control everything. He may or may not be able to do that with Khabib. I doubt we'll ever know, but we shouldn't write Lee off immediately like he's a joke.

Tony-Ferguson-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-696x399.jpg

“Passed my Med Eval last week. I’m excited about retaining my ufc Lightweight Status that was stripped due to injury. Khabib not actively competing over some time should be stripped. A high Rank title fight/superfight between @TeamKhabib & I is what the fans want #defendorvacate.”

Good!

Tony-Ferguson-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-696x399.jpg

“Passed my Med Eval last week. I’m excited about retaining my ufc Lightweight Status that was stripped due to injury. Khabib not actively competing over some time should be stripped. A high Rank title fight/superfight between @TeamKhabib & I is what the fans want #defendorvacate.”

But did he pass his psychological?

I'll just be happy if the fight happens. No one arrested, hit by a meteor, kidnapped by a foreign government etc etc etc.
That said Khabib wins in typical brutal, ugly and life changing fashion.

I like it!

Khabib-Tony for the undisputed LW title, with the winner between Max-Dustin getting the next shot. fuck that b.s. interim belt.

IMHO the 2-3 weeks or however long it has been is not enough time passed for him to return to the physical and mental stress of preparing for a fight.

Give Tony a softball fight to get his feet wet, then TS!
Maybe someone like Vick?

Yes, Tony has won 11 consecutive fights plus an interim title but make him fight again before he gets a title shot.

<{cruzshake}>

<codychoke>

They gotta book tony vs khabib in abu dhabi for the undisputed
Fuck that interim shit belt

Yes, Tony has won 11 consecutive fights plus an interim title but make him fight again before he gets a title shot.

<{cruzshake}>

<codychoke>
Or give him his shot if he wants it I don't care, I was just worried about his mental state
Tony should get whatever the fuck he wants at this point.

Or give him his shot if he wants it I don't care, I was just worried about his mental state
Tony should get whatever the fuck he wants at this point.

I doubt he wants a tuneup fight that nobody wants to see. He's been wanting either Khabib or McNuggets for a while now.

Is this the same guy who had a psicological breakdown a few months ago?

Nobody:
Tony Ferguson: THERE ARE PEOPLE LIVING IN MY WALLS AND ME AND MY SON ARE JESUS CHRIST REINCARNATED

Tony vs Khabib is the only logical fight anything else would be #1 bullshit.

Give Tony a softball fight to get his feet wet, then TS!
Maybe someone like Vick?
Nah to hell with that. 11 wins a row is more than enough. Title shot alone is acceptable.

We need at the very least, 3 more fights from Tony before retirement, and they should be scheduled a good time apart from each other for his health.

Nurmagomedov,
Cerrone,
& a rematch with Pettis.

He doesn't have the cardio to get outgrappled for five rounds. He's fine when he can set the pace and control everything. He may or may not be able to do that with Khabib. I doubt we'll ever know, but we shouldn't write Lee off immediately like he's a joke.
Lee wasn't getting outgrappled by Al and he stopped any attempts at grappling after the third round even though he had most success on the ground and Al was doing nothing more than trying to defend the RNC. The only reason why he would do that is lack of gas, something that was evident from Lee's performance in rounds 4 and 5. Lee may have enough gas to grapple longer if he is completely dominating his opponent on the ground with little resistance similar to Barboza fight, but this would not be the case against Khabib even if Lee outgrappled him (he wouldn't).

Back