Cleaner ANATOLY Shocks BODYBUILDER in a GYM

I would definitely be annoyed if anyone interrupted my workout like that. I hope its all staged, because interrupting people's workouts to upstage them is pretty obnoxious IMO and honestly, disrespectful.

I would definitely be annoyed if anyone interrupted my workout like that. I hope its all staged, because interrupting people's workouts to upstage them is pretty obnoxious IMO and honestly, disrespectful.

The young generation really like him, apparently. The dude gets lots of positive feedback on his YouTube comments. I've never been a fan of him, but apparently, lots of young people like him.

The young generation really like him, apparently. The dude gets lots of positive feedback on his YouTube comments. I've never been a fan of him, but apparently, lots of young people like him.
Yeah, his videos have been sent to me before by people. And I'm not saying interrupting my workout for a prank video makes you an evil doer, but I'd definitely prefer that you didn't take me out of my world and my focus just to try and upstage me.

I get that's it's disrespectful and maybe I'm a little immature but I think that was actually pretty funny. It's not like he's interrupting them DURING a set or anything. It's akin to those BJJ prank videos where some celebrity grappler or MMA fighter ties on a white belt with a bow knot and then clowns everyone in some BJJ class.

I get that's it's disrespectful and maybe I'm a little immature but I think that was actually pretty funny. It's not like he's interrupting them DURING a set or anything. It's akin to those BJJ prank videos where some celebrity grappler or MMA fighter ties on a white belt with a bow knot and then clowns everyone in some BJJ class.
Yeah, I hear you. I guess I just don't like anything taking me out of my "zone," basically. Its like talking during Highlander or changing the channel in the middle of Lunatic Fringe or something. But I mean, I guess I can survive it. This one dude actually literally put his foot on the barbell while I was doing triceps extensions off the floor not long ago and I guess that was actually alright.

Yeah, I hear you. I guess I just don't like anything taking me out of my "zone," basically. Its like talking during Highlander or changing the channel in the middle of Lunatic Fringe or something. But I mean, I guess I can survive it. This one dude actually literally put his foot on the barbell while I was doing triceps extensions off the floor not long ago and I guess that was actually alright.

Messing with someone (even making noises to distract them) during a heavy set is no bueno. And if they're sitting down obviously in the zone, staring at their watch because they're doing EMOM or something, that would also be a dick move.

But prankster is polite and simply asking to work in between rest breaks (which happens all the time in public gyms) and even keeps the same weight so no need to break down the bar. And the guy doing the workout gives consent - it would be a different story if he was like "no sorry, I need to get back on there in 20 seconds."

But yeah, if someone messes with me in the middle of a heavy squat set while I'm pretending to be Brian Shute with a log on my back with "Right Now" playing in the background, I'd be hella pissed.

Last edited:
Messing with someone (even making noises to distract them) during a heavy set is no bueno. And if they're sitting down obviously in the zone, staring at their watch because they're doing EMOM or something, that would also be a dick move.

But prankster is being polite and simply asking to work in between rest breaks (which happens all the time in public gyms) and even keeps the same weight so no need to break down the bar. And the guy doing the workout gives consent - it would be a different story if he was like "no sorry, I need to get back on there in 20 seconds."

But yeah, if someone messes with me in the middle of a heavy squat set while I'm pretending to be Brian Shute with a log on my back with "Right Now" playing in the background, I'd be hella pissed off.
True, true. Maybe Anatoly's alright after all. And there is the other upside that if I was ever Anatoly'd, I might get some clout.

True, true. Maybe Anatoly's alright after all. And there is the other upside that if I was ever Anatoly'd, I might get some clout.

His videos seem to be harmless "feel good" pranks with no real loser. The victims keep their cool and are relatable given the circumstances. It would be like going to the gym and there's a goofy new kid who wants to do a trial class because he's getting bored doing kung fu. Then he ends up clowning everyone and you later find out it was Kyle Dake with a prosthetic nose and special needs helmet.

Last edited:

I'm middle aged and I think it's a pretty funny bit. I think most people can spare 2 minutes of their workout, and most people have a reasonable sense of humor.

I'm sure he runs into occasional people with frail egos, and people who just LOVE to be offended by stuff.

But it's genuinely not hurting anyone. Every video I've seen so far displays good gym behavior from the subject of the "prank". To the extent it's necessary he seems to frame himself as the bad guy in advance.

At this point a lot of it has to be staged because what gym rat hasn't seen one of this guy's videos.

I always see him on my feed. Bodybuilders were amazed at how this guy managed to lift easily. don't know if he could just join n UFC we shall see if having that strength can help in a fight.

Thankfully in my country you need consent to film people. Couldnt imagine walking around everywhere and people put their phone in your face seems way too common nowadays.

He is kind of a fake. All these videos are scripted and he plays with these bumpers for an illusion of heavier weight. He is a social media guy based out of Dubai. It's in good fun but people who don't lift can't tell. Nobody lifts heavy weights without warming up. You can look up his powerlifting numbers. He is strong but his numbers aren't crazy. I am sure he is stronger now but a lot of the framing of his videos are like elite powerlifter disguises himself in order to embarrass so and so.

You can take a look at this and you know it is not all 20 kg.

Last edited:
I'm middle aged and I think it's a pretty funny bit. I think most people can spare 2 minutes of their workout, and most people have a reasonable sense of humor.

I'm sure he runs into occasional people with frail egos, and people who just LOVE to be offended by stuff.

But it's genuinely not hurting anyone. Every video I've seen so far displays good gym behavior from the subject of the "prank". To the extent it's necessary he seems to frame himself as the bad guy in advance.

At this point a lot of it has to be staged because what gym rat hasn't seen one of this guy's videos.

Fair enough.

Still though, I think it's low quality content. I'd rather watch a video of him sharing his training strategies.

Fair enough.

Still though, I think it's low quality content. I'd rather watch a video of him sharing his training strategies.
you gotta pay for that
he of course has a whole system that he will share for the right price

Back