Cleaned out division and retired on top as Champ = GSP = GOAT

Hendricks won. And i think robbie lawler would have too had they fought. And maybe his teammate rory

Hendricks won. And i think robbie lawler would have too had they fought. And maybe his teammate rory

That is your opinion. Fact is GSP won hist last fight and retired as Champion. We will never know if Lawler and Rory can beat GSP.

Wow, a subjective subject.

ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

Hilarious

GSP is an all-time great, and I think it'd be reasonable for someone to consider him the best ever. I don't, but it can be difficult to avoid knocking a guy in a thread like this when one's opinion is "I think he's great, I just don't think he's the greatest." So, to emphasize, I absolutely think GSP was great. I also think he lost to Hendricks and that his decision to "take a break" at that time is off-putting. He was finished twice in (or around) his prime - once to another all-time great in Hughes, but once to a guy who had no business in the cage with him in Serra. He didn't finish fights, which doesn't necessarily mean he isn't great by any means, but it matters to me to an extent. And I think that while he fought a lot of killers, his level of competition, to me, has always been a bit overrated. Not egregiously, so, but a bit.

So, yes, he was absolutely great. Was he greater than Jones, Anderson, Fedor and Aldo? That I'm not too sure about.

I had a dream once that Fedor fought Sakuraba, and greased.

Thankfully, it was only a dream.

To me, the greatest fighter is someone who can beat anyone. Would Fedor have beaten GSP? Fedor fought in open weight tournaments. Fedor was constantly the smaller guy too. If you are not a heavyweight, you should at least have wins in other divisions to be considered best ever. BJ Penn fought Machida for Christ's sake, he lost , but hey he went for it.

I am a fan of GSP though.

Hendricks lost
Lawler would get wrestlefucked
GSP is better then rory in every aspect of the game

GSP is an all-time great, and I think it'd be reasonable for someone to consider him the best ever. I don't, but it can be difficult to avoid knocking a guy in a thread like this when one's opinion is "I think he's great, I just don't think he's the greatest." So, to emphasize, I absolutely think GSP was great. I also think he lost to Hendricks and that his decision to "take a break" at that time is off-putting. He was finished twice in (or around) his prime - once to another all-time great in Hughes, but once to a guy who had no business in the cage with him in Serra. He didn't finish fights, which doesn't necessarily mean he isn't great by any means, but it matters to me to an extent. And I think that while he fought a lot of killers, his level of competition, to me, has always been a bit overrated. Not egregiously, so, but a bit.

So, yes, he was absolutely great. Was he greater than Jones, Anderson, Fedor and Aldo? That I'm not too sure about.

5 of the last 7 fights for aldo he won by decision

but he is a killer right?

GSP is boring!

I wouldn't argue against GSP being the GOAT. I'd probably vote for him.

5 of the last 7 fights for aldo he won by decision

but he is a killer right?

GSP is boring!

It's too bad you feel the need to knock down other great fighters in an effort to defend the great fighter you like most.

It's too bad you feel the need to knock down other great fighters in an effort to defend the great fighter you like most.

knock them down with facts

I'm sorry, It just bugs me that people act as if GSP was the most boring fighter on the planet
Then they go on to act as if Jose Aldo is the destroyer of worlds

I will defend GSP as he is my favorite fighter
if that is a crime arrest me

GSP retired when the fights became more difficult. Fedor went on and lost. Retired and now wants to fight again even though it can tarnish his legacy even further.

That makes Fedor the GOAT imo.

But again.. imo.. it is up for debate.

people claiming fedor is the goat because he lost

just wow

Back