Clean & jerk

How many times a week do you recommend training for these lifts?
2-3 times a week but only heavy one session. These are heavily technique-based and practice will make perfect.

Last night. 100kg clean, squat, jerk. Happy with this...as I had already done pretty heavy snatch complex and night before had done clean complex (floor/hang) to 98kg plus pulls and front squats.

Hoping to open at 100kg at next meet in 5 weeks.

Looking very good. I see you catch with fingers. Is this personal preference or is there a pro/con with fingers or palm?

Last night. 100kg clean, squat, jerk. Happy with this...as I had already done pretty heavy snatch complex and night before had done clean complex (floor/hang) to 98kg plus pulls and front squats.

Hoping to open at 100kg at next meet in 5 weeks.

Looking very good. I see you catch with fingers. Is this personal preference or is there a pro/con with fingers or palm?
Thanks. I just don't really have the mobility needed with full grip and my catch slows down too much. I've tried working on it with full grip front squats. I also feel (for me) my elbows are much faster on the catch and pull under if I let the hook grip go and move to my catch on finger tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back