Clean Eating, Breakfast, and Energy Level

matador1872

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I train JJ Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 11:00 am. Lately my energy levels have been zilch! So much so that I don't even feel like hitting the gym to supplement my JJ.Also, I am also trying to get rid of that last 10 or so pesky fat lbs, 6"1 195-200 lbs. Breakfat is at 7:30 each morning, normally it is

Egg Beaters (about 2 eggs)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1/4 Avacado
2 Chicken Apple Sausage Links

Around 9:30 or so, there is normally some almonds for a snack

I know I am proabbly not "stoling the fire" enough with carbs. Any ideas? What do you guys eat for breakfast?

6 egg yolk omelette fried in coconut oil
2 strips of bacon
1 sausage
2 slices of white toast w/ butter
-or- 1 cup of white jasmine rice w/ butter
1 cup of heavy cream

Works great for me. Always have plenty of energy. Take a look at what you're eating PWO - if you're lacking something, that may have something to do with the lack of energy.

Java lots of java, i find that no matter what i eat in what combination only the java gets me goin

A whole cup of heavy cream? Damn!

I like the rice though. Miso soup, one whole small fish, white rice, that was breakfast growing up with grandma from Japan.

Eat your fuckin yolks before Mike comes to your house and beats you like a rented mule.

2 egg mcmuffins, a plate of hot cakes, some hot chocolate, three hash browns, and a sausage mcbiscut.

2 egg mcmuffins, a plate of hot cakes, some hot chocolate, three hash browns, and a sausage mcbiscut.

So your trying to lose the weight with the McDiet huh? Good call! :icon_chee

two slices white bread? yuck dude.White bread is horrible cut that stuff out.Get some 12 grain at least or some whole wheat.

I passed a kidney stone last year, so I stay away from oxalates which are in abundance in whole grains. I also can't stand the insoluble fiber either. Most of the time I eat white jasmine rice - the least allergenic of all grains with very little fiber(soluble).

I train JJ Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 11:00 am. Lately my energy levels have been zilch! So much so that I don't even feel like hitting the gym to supplement my JJ.Also, I am also trying to get rid of that last 10 or so pesky fat lbs, 6"1 195-200 lbs. Breakfat is at 7:30 each morning, normally it is

Egg Beaters (about 2 eggs)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1/4 Avacado
2 Chicken Apple Sausage Links

Around 9:30 or so, there is normally some almonds for a snack

I know I am proabbly not "stoling the fire" enough with carbs. Any ideas? What do you guys eat for breakfast?
Take out the chicken,and eggs.Replace them with some fruits,and add more vegs

Super Flax Muffins
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 cups Ground Flax Seed
3/4 cup Brown Sugar or Evaporated Cane Juice
1 tbsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 cups Milk
1 beaten Egg

Pre-heat the oven to 350

Flaxseed Morning Glory Muffins
Heathy muffin for a great morning start. Round out meal with milk and fruit.
40 Minutes to Prepare and Cook
Ingredients

1 cup fiber one cereal
2/3 cup skim milk
1 1/4 cup ww flour
1/2 cup flaxseed
3/4 cup chopped apple
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
3teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tbls. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2tsp. cinnamon

Directions
Heat oven to 375. place paper baking cup in each of the 21 regular-size muffin cups. spray bottoms only of the cup with cooking spray.( muffins will stick if baking cups are not sprayed.) place cereal in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper. Crush with rooling pin.
In large bown, mix crushed cereal and milk. let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is softened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide batter evenly amount muffins cups.
Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. serve warm.

Number of Servings: 12

man...doesn't anybody eat oatmeal and fruit anymore? how on gods green earth does anybody drink a friggin cup of cream in the morning? this is craziness...

Here's what I do every morning and my energy level is awesome even on short sleep:

- 16 oz. 1% Milk
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup of Frozen Strawberries
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 2 scoops Whey Protein
- 5 grams Creatine Monohydrate

That's all blended.

I also take the following vitamin list

- Multivitamin
- Calcium + Vitamin D
- 50 mg B Complex (in addition to other vitamins but this has affected my energy level)
- Vitamin C
- Fish Oil

Back