Clay Guida unofficial gatekeeper of FW?

stin4tw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I may be taking crazy pills, but is Guida the gatekeeper now for the FW? I don't see him ever getting a title shot with his style / Dana & Co. and Mendes just got the next shot after knocking him into 2011. Looks like Bermudez could get the next shot with a potential 7 fight win streak.

Agree, disagree?

I may be taking crazy pills, but is Guida the gatekeeper now for the FW? I don't see him ever getting a title shot with his style / Dana & Co. and Mendes just got the next shot after knocking him into 2011. Looks like Bermudez could get the next shot with a potential 7 fight win streak.

Agree, disagree?

Clay's only loss at FW so far is to Chad so I think it's two soon to call him a gatekeeper at FW

Chad Mendes will destroy him over and over again, he's not going anywhere in this weight division, should stick to LW where he can easily LNP the current champion to a UD.

He should go back to LW and win the title.

Still my favorite Guida moment in the LW division

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

Are there official gatekeepers in MMA? not being a jerk, serious question.

Still my favorite Guida moment in the LW division

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

Seeing Maynard get KTFO by Grant and Diaz, and then seeing Guida almost KTFO Kawajiri with that similar punch makes you wonder how hilarious it would have been if Guida KTFO Maynard right there.

Back