Clay Guida LW GOAT?

<mma4>
VERY interesting...

I can't agree with this... but I have no argument against your win list....

Thread Starters GOAT List

Roy Nelson
Rogerio Nogueira
Dennis Kang
Jon Fitch
Clay Guida
Ricardo Lamas
Uriah Faber
Ian McCall

This is why WHEN you beat someone matters. Every name on that list he fought when those guys werent in their primes yet or washed up besides Pettis.

Clay was a good LW but hes not even sniffing top 20 alltime.

He's a GOAT journeyman. He was never going to win a title but he fought everyone and came out with some good wins.

This is why WHEN you beat someone matters. Every name on that list he fought when those guys werent in their primes yet or washed up besides Pettis.

Clay was a good LW but hes not even sniffing top 20 alltime.

Agree it matters, but some of those wins were in those guys primes.

Kidding in the sense he's the GOAT.
But not kidding in the sense he may actually be the cardio GOAT at LW.

Clay's gas tank causes extremely skilled fighters to be smothered and wilt quickly with his incredible pace.

Dos Anjos
Nate Diaz
Pettis (like you mentioned)
Lauzon
Josh Thomson
Gomi
Tatsuya Kawajiri

All were in their mid-late 20s to early 30s.

Last edited:
yQ5nbZy.gif

Every time I’ve seen him fight, I’ve thought the same thing, “How fucking terrible it would be to fight this guy.”

Having this sweaty ass dude slinging his hair in my face, always grabbing me and never letting go. Then if I managed to break free it would only be a second before his psycho ass was leaching back on. There is no slowing down with this fucking maniac, he doesn’t even square up to exchange strikes, nope he’s right back into a body lock going ape shit. Honestly it would give me so much anxiety I’d tap just get the lunatic off of me.

kind of how I imagine fighting a chimp, but with long sweaty hair. Does anyone even know what his face looks like? I feel his hair is always covering his face, or he is spazzing out too fast for the camera to accurately capture his face.

You forgot to add he consistently get KOed / submitted by featherweights like Chad Mendes, Brian Ortega, Thiago Tavares etc. (Khabib KOed Tavares in the first round).

Also, he can't even top Benson Henderson in the top LWs of all time, due to Benson already winning LW UFC belt and having a win over him.
Guida > Pettis > Bendo > Guida

Perennial gatekeeper at different points in his career. Journeyman that was just entertaining enough to keep in the ufc

Agree wholeheartedly. His win over Nate Diaz puts him in the conversation. And the victory over B.J. Penn puts him over the top.

Back