Classic post-fight drama at UFC 51 with Tito, Chuck and Shamrock

HAHA! That was some damn good theatre!
I still prefer the DC/Jones brawl.

zUxx1n1.jpg

How about Diego Sanchez and Mike Swick in the backgroud. I suppose this was after the Ultimate Fighter came around?

Oh man, there is a name I have not heard in a while. Mike “quick” Swick.

I must say, round one belonged to Belfort but Ortiz came back strong in the last two rounds. Good fight.

I had a terrible ripped DVD of UFC 51 my dad bought off a guy selling dvds from his trunk. I thought Tito was the greatest. Watched the DVD at least a hundred times. The good ole days

I love that era. It was so satisfying when Chuck finally got ahold of Tito.

At the time Vitor Belfort holds a technical win over Couture due to doctor stoppage and that was it. The other three were conclusively better LHWs.
Randy also whooped Tito and Chuck earlier. Vitor had close fights with Chuck and Tito. Definitely right there with them.

Randy also whooped Tito and Chuck earlier. Vitor had close fights with Chuck and Tito. Definitely right there with them.

More revisionist squabbling. It is difficult to be right there with them when as a fighter you cannot beat one of them.

More revisionist squabbling. It is difficult to be right there with them when as a fighter you cannot beat one of them.
Randy being unable to continue because his eye was grazed is his own fault. Chuck and Tito fights were good where they both gave up rounds. Being they couldn’t finish Vitor who is horrible after the first round tells me he is on their level. I consider Vitor as good as Chuck or Tito ever were.

Tito was the McGregor of late 90’s to mid 2000.

Always WAR TITO!!!!!!1
A very poor mans version. Hardly a quote worthy reign or many impressive triumphs over non geriatric rivals. Just a abormally large head and nasally voiced call outs.

Randy being unable to continue because his eye was grazed is his own fault. Chuck and Tito fights were good where they both gave up rounds. Being they couldn’t finish Vitor who is horrible after the first round tells me he is on their level. I consider Vitor as good as Chuck or Tito ever were.

And surely there is a person in this world
who considered Sean Sherk as good as Georges Saint Pierre, Matt Hughes, or BJ Penn ever were. I am just trying to emphasize the principle that losing is still losing.

Been while since I’ve seen this.

Gotta admit it pumped me up back then and Tito was a definite draw, no matter how much ridiculous stuff came spewing out of his mouth.

Vitor was juiced to the gills back then holy cow

Why oh why couldn't Ken Shamrock have won that fight with Tito? I've been watching since UFC 1 and I remember when Shamrock had such an aura. He truly seemed like the baddest man on the planet. It was hard for me to wrap my head around punk ass Tito handling him the way he did, both times. I still don't know how he pulled off beating Vitor Belfort either.

3 times.

tito-ortiz-mingle-media-tv_zpsmsiz6wid.jpg

tito-ortiz_ken-shamrock_2.gif

HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzUvNDMzMjExOC9rZW4tc2hhbXJvY2stYW5ncnktby5naWYlog.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back