CLASSIC FIGHT- ARONA vs EVANS

Somebody didn't watch the fight. Rampage got caught with one of the most vicious upkicks of all time, definitely harder than Mousasi/Jacare and Rampage went limp. It's hard to tell if Rampage was unconscious or not but it definitely looked like it. Why post comments about things you don't know a damn thing about?

Agreed with this -- not to mention the valiant triangle attempt which lead to the KO. Rampage was getting worked in that fight but fought through it in a very impressive come from behind KO.

I would love to see this fight. Arona had very underrated leg kicks -- Rampage said they were some of the worst he had taken. I think I'd give a slight edge to Evans though -- I view him to be a slightly better wrestler or at least a fighter whom Arona would have trouble keeping down, and I view his overall game to be more modernized as well. That is a very tough fight to pick though -- I'd love to see it.

Arona as a grappler is superior to Rashad. I mean if anyone is getting wrestle/grapple fucked it's Rashad. Arona ALMOST wrestlef/grapplefucked young Fedor and Fedor couldn't do much about it (under unified rules and not RINGS rules/judging criteria Arona would've been given the win over Fedor).

The ONLY edge and I mean ONLY advantage that I see Rashad having over Arona is his striking/standup. Going to the ground against Arona isn't advisable to most even though Rashad is a wrestler at his core.

Just food for thought his ADCC record is impressive.

In ADCC/competetive grappling from 2001-2003 he's beaten Tito, Monson, Babalu, Almeida, Shaolin Ribiero, Vitor, Jean Jacques Machado, and Mark Kerr.

I know ADCC isn't mixed martial arts but it's just interesting to see that Arona was a beast on the competitive grappling circuit as well (actually undefeated I think).

Arona as a grappler is superior to Rashad. I mean if anyone is getting wrestle/grapple fucked it's Rashad. Arona ALMOST wrestlef/grapplefucked young Fedor and Fedor couldn't do much about it (under unified rules and not RINGS rules/judging criteria Arona would've been given the win over Fedor).

The ONLY edge and I mean ONLY advantage that I see Rashad having over Arona is his striking/standup. Going to the ground against Arona isn't advisable to most even though Rashad is a wrestler at his core.

Just food for thought his ADCC record is impressive.

In ADCC/competetive grappling from 2001-2003 he's beaten Tito, Monson, Babalu, Almeida, Shaolin Ribiero, Vitor, Jean Jacques Machado, and Mark Kerr.

I know ADCC isn't mixed martial arts but it's just interesting to see that Arona was a beast on the competitive grappling circuit as well (actually undefeated I think).

Very true -- Rashad would definitely be best served to keep it standing. Arona would likely be equipped with more weapons in his arsenal to win. Arona outwrestled Henderson in their fight as well, something Rashad had no success with in their fight.

Unless Rashad was able to land a Liddell type KO.....Arona in this one. Both good takedowns.....but Arona's were overall more versatile and better. Arona was a far better grappler then Rashad.

Gotta say Arona by UD

long story short.
waste of time.

But you did take the time to post a reply. I'll sit back and let a mod judge what's a waste of time or not.

So something that had never happened, and never had chance of happening and will never happen is definition of 'classic'?

Right?

Well no shit sherlock. If you read the opening post I mentioned it being a CLASSIC (STYLE) FIGHT. Proper word usage wasn't my concern when I logged onto sherdog, hope you can get over that.

Same here, shit like this belongs on OPs blog or something.

Don't care. Reference post #10.

I'd take Rashad

Arona had really good leg kicks, but not much else, Rashad would stuff his takedowns and KO him with his boxing

Unless Rashad was able to land a Liddell type KO.....Arona in this one. Both good takedowns.....but Arona's were overall more versatile and better. Arona was a far better grappler then Rashad.

Gotta say Arona by UD

I'd say Rashad's takedowns> arona's takedowns

not to mention that Rashad has really good TDD, I don't see Arona really taking him down to the ground

this would be a stand up match: Arona leg kicking a lot and Rashad using his speed and boxing to hit him

Arona via decision. I think he would nullify Evans' wrestling and score more damage on the feet.

Arona by decision. I always felt that his style of fighting was more suited for a cage and unified rules.

If it was in a cage I'd go with Rashad. Easier to get back up from the ground in a cage.

In a ring I'd pick Arona.

Shad would win a point match in the UFC.

Arona would win a fight in Pride.

Would come down to Shads Boxing vs Aronas leg kicks in UFC.

I'd take Rashad

Arona had really good leg kicks, but not much else, Rashad would stuff his takedowns and KO him with his boxing

Yeah so it's clear that you'd never be able to pick Ricardo Arona out of a lineup...

People dont realize how good Arona in his prime was. He might get taken down, but would quickly sweep and gain dominant position, pound on or perhaps sub Hashad.

Rashads run was overrated, not to sound like a typical Sherdog, but he was very close to losing many of those fights.

Prime Arona out-wrestles and out-grapples Rashad ALL NIGHT.

Deal with it.

Damn straight. Took down Fedor, Wandy, Shogun, Hendo, Ninja, 205-Overeem.

Yeah, he had a bad fight with Soko. It happens. But Arona was legit. Still miss him.

Aronas wrestling was underrated IMO. That coupled with his submission game and leg kick power makes me lean towards Arona a bit.

Back