Clarke D'arce choke

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Wow that was super slick, if you havent watched the clarke-iaquinta fight go find it. would post gif, but no clue how.

it was great, I was rooting for Iaquinta but that finish was too great for me to sit there and be pissed about Iaquinta losing.

I was disappointed big time in that. It was suprising, was rooting for Al because he was looking savage in there, but props to his opponent, sunk it in like shark teeth.

Doesn't Al have a streak of losing the first round then losing the second? well in this case he really lost in the second...

Clarke was getting his ass kicked and out of nowhere he pulls it off.

Good for him. He's a good guy, he deserves it.

not a fan of either really, never even heard of clarke before saturday, watched iaquinta fight a few times, it was pretty good. that came out of no where though, thats waht was interesting to me. I have watched a fair amount of ufc events, i cant remember seeing this pulled off except for i tihnk kendall grove did this a while ago? meh, im no bjj guru, just was kind of like, whoa cool.

that was a thing of beauty imo, totally out of nowhere and as soon as he got his hips into it Al was out

that was a thing of beauty imo, totally out of nowhere and as soon as he got his hips into it Al was out

Al having his back against the cage also helped a lot, made it so he was unable to walk away from the darce to relieve the pressure.

854323057.gif

good choke, but the guy kinda went crazy after. sounded like a little brother talking sh*t

What i dont understand is how clarke gets POTN, i mean yeas, that was a SOTN but no performance, Al was kicking his ass

What i dont understand is how clarke gets POTN, i mean yeas, that was a SOTN but no performance, Al was kicking his ass

There is no such thing as SOTN anymore it was replaced by POTN, it was a slick submission comeback win. Those awards are meant to reward 2 types of fighters, main eventers and/or fighters that do some exciting shit. Clarkes performance definately falls into the latter

It was neat how he pulled it off. I've never done anything like that, even in practice.

Bring ufc to saskatoon!!!! Clarke vs gomi main event cote vs alves co main

it was a very slick submission came out of no where
Al Quinta was beasting all the round till that

It was neat how he pulled it off. I've never done anything like that, even in practice.

There is a cool video Drysdale has online.
It's an arm drag to d'Arce, while the opponent is in your guard or trying to pass.

Back