Showtime Boxing’ Claressa Shields-Ivana Habazin, January 10th in Atlantic City

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/11...uled-january-10-atlantic-city-showtime-boxing

After one of the more ignominious cancellations in recent memory, ESPN reports that the super welterweight title fight between Claressa Shields and Ivana Habazin “will be rescheduled for Jan. 10 on Showtime, possibly in Atlantic City.” The co-feature would see Uzbek puncher Shohjahon Ergashev face Keith Hunter in a WBA super lightweight eliminator.

Shields (9-0, 2 KO) and Habazin (20-3, 7 KO) were all set to go at it on October 5th in what was meant to be Shields’ 154-pound debut and a clash for the vacant WBC and WBO titles. Instead, Habazin’s trainer, Bashir Ali, was hospitalized after a sucker punch to the back of the head during a weigh-in scuffle. The fight was subsequently canceled and Shields’ brother, Artis Mack, charged with assault.

Ergashev (17-0, 15 KO) bounced back from a shaky decision over Mykal Fox to knock out Abdiel Ramirez in August, Hunter (11-0, 7 KO) is ranked #12 to Ergashev’s #6 by the WBA but really hasn’t done much to earn that position. Whoever wins between them will have next crack at “regular” champ Mario Barrios.

WBA titleholder Alicia Napoleon-Espinosa (12-1, 7 KO) will take on IBF titleholder Elin Cederroos (7-0, 4 KO) in the fight, scheduled of course for 10 rounds.

Women sports suck.
No thanks

Yea, it is bearable when it is one fight on a decent card otherwise, but 2 women's matches and only 1 other? No thanks, 95% chance it goes to a decision.

Shields is a trash act anyways.

Well I guess I’ll get to bed one hour early. I’ll watch until the main an hit the sack.

Gonna be interesting to see the ratings on this godawful abomination of a card

I really, really hope Shields gets KO’ed stiff, unfortunately it probably won’t happen. She carries herself and acts like a thug and piece of shit.

I really, really hope Shields gets KO’ed stiff, unfortunately it probably won’t happen. She carries herself and acts like a thug and piece of shit.
Same, normally am not overly invested in outcome of fights but I'd get alot of satisfaction if she got rendered unconscious. Her excuses, carry on after the trainer was koed was unbelievable. First denied knowing the culprit and then abuses the other fighter for cancelling. Told her to just get another trainer. What a toerag.

Back