Media Claressa Shields: 2nd fight is in August/September. Be back at Jaxwink in 3-4 weeks

She needs to fight strikers if she's going to be active, preferably ones that don't have good kicks, while working on her TDD in the meantime.

Moriel Charneski look out. Look at Women Lightweights, who have fought and lost in the PFL and that will be Clarissa Shields next opponent

Yea - bring her along slow with 3-4 more scraps - poor to average strikers (so she can get highlights) and work on her TD and minor ground bumps.

Then step up and make that path. Hopefully they are smart with her.

3 or 4 weeks and is fighting in 2 months?

She should go right now to try to develop some sort of TDD and ground game. Pretty sure they are feeding him a soccer mom again tho.

I would really like to see a replay of that arm bar escape at the end of round 2. That was the key moment in the fight yet ESPN hasn’t been showing it in the highlights.

lol She and people acting like she wasn't embarrased by a tomato can

Paul Craig and Brittney Elkin are the same belt. I think they are similarly skilled at jiu jitsu.

I am happy for Claressa though. Its awesome that she's taking her job very seriously. Other fighters should take not of her activity level, particularly young prospects, there's no reason for you to be sitting 6 months, 8 months, even a year, if you're not injured.

Timestamped for you

thank you sir

Elkin should have finished the fight right there. Really not sure how she got out of it, pure strength I guess, or maybe Elkin was sloppy trying to make adjustments

3 or 4 weeks and is fighting in 2 months?

She should go right now to try to develop some sort of TDD and ground game. Pretty sure they are feeding him a soccer mom again tho.

Her TDD was decent. But she jumped into her opponent guard every time she stuffed a td. Its going to cost her if she continues doing this

thank you sir
Elkin should have finished the fight right there. Really not sure how she got out of it, pure strength I guess, or maybe Elkin was sloppy trying to make adjustments

Agreed. It wasn't so much Shields escaping, it was more of Elkins making a sloppy mistake

At least it was fun to watch. Maybe that's because I'm a big Shields fan tho.

Back