CJ Ross's draw in Canelo/Floyd?

I'll take him over him too, if he sat down and scored it round by round
What if he wanted to stand? Would that be too much of a distraction in your eyes for him to have an opinion?
Whats your proof of corruption as opposed to incompetence? How come the only time I hear this stuff is when someone's favorite fighter loses?
It's getting to be too much. The narrative is now, "because Canelo has a good chin, no fighter can beat him because they cant knock him out and it will go to decision and judges will pick Canelo or the other guy will have to fight different and force a knockout and will get knocked out instead because they cant beat Canelo fighting like themselves because he'll just survive fight and get the decision". What the FUCK are people even saying anymore?

I've never seen a fighter create so many built in excuses in his haters. Never seen this many haters except for with Floyd, and while Floyd should have been respected for how he played the game and made his wealth and beat boxing's trappings, I can see why people didnt like his persona... Canelo on the other hand, what's not to like?!?!?!

The problem isn't that Canelo gets any individual decision in his favour but that the scorecards constantly favours him by a higher margin than the consensus. Mathematically its highly improbable so you have to ask what influence may be causing the differential between the two.

The problem isn't that Canelo gets any individual decision in his favour but that the scorecards constantly favours him by a higher margin than the consensus. Mathematically its highly improbable so you have to ask what influence may be causing the differential between the two.

The canelo apologists say

"Well if the fight was 115 to 113 it means it could go either way"

Ignoring the fact that a fight can be CLOSE but clear

I do agree with much of your post but IF canelo fights bjs, and it goes to a decision, canelo will probably beat him because Saunders won’t do enough to win a decision. If he fights differently he’ll get knocked out. Losing a decision is the best he can do against canelo, he’s not good enough to beat him.

I think Canelo will most likely beat him in a decision and rightfully so. But as always not convincingly enough to warrant the ridiculous hype he has going behind him. With that hype you would expect the BJS fight to be a destruction.

so far the only Canelo fight out of his las 4 or 5 fights that really make me want to take my hat off to him was jacobs, that was a real fight against a serious opponent that he wouldn’t have been able to beat a few years ago, so it showed his improvements. I have no problems with that fight and decision.

Whats your proof of corruption as opposed to incompetence? How come the only time I hear this stuff is when someone's favorite fighter loses?

Because no judge could be SO incompetent to score a fight a draw when most people had Canelo winning 2 rounds at best. There is only so much benefit of the doubt you can give, if you have a brain at least. And if incompetence is the excuse why does he still have a job?

Last edited:
Dude what? Is that ur whole argument? lul

Dude what? Is that ur whole argument? lul

Sadly, it's still much better than "most people had Canelo winning 2 rounds at best". Which is flat-out inaccurate, even if you focus on all the cards having GGG as the winner that were repeatedly copied and pasted in here.

Dude.

I was talking about the floyd fight mate, you know, the topic of this thread.

My bad. I'm way too used to reading Canelo vs GGG complaints when it comes to questionable draws lol

I stand corrected. The 114-114 is pretty much impossible to explain indeed, based on the actual scoring criteria. Personal bias, incompetence or corruption are likely. Corruption, as any criminal offense, has to be proven.

Last edited:
It's easy to get it confused. The topic of the thread was twisted when it got derailed when GGG fanboys started saying "the Floyd 114-114 card was bad, BUT DID YOU SEE THE ONE CARD IN THE GGG FIGHT?!? WORST ROBBERY EVER , LITERALLY EVERYONE THINKS GGG WON BOTH FIGHTS" etc. Its the same with Kov/Ward 1. After a while, GGG will slide more from age and they wont care as much, but right now they're still butthurt.

Is there any way you can argue this? I can see how (even though I think its insane) you can give canelo one of the GGG fights and the Lara fight but this scorecard...

I think we ignore it cause the right man won. Buts its bothered me since I watched it live that night. What if there were 2 judges who scored it that way?

Can you make the case? Am I just remembering the fight wrong?
Some people here will argue strongly that Canelo getting favourable scorecards doesn't matter but I think it's pretty clear he has more than luck on his side. No way could anyone in their right mind have scored that fight a draw. The judge should have been struck off and never judged another fight in his life. I think they need to be far more strict on this kind of corruption.

Back