CJ Ross's draw in Canelo/Floyd?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Is there any way you can argue this? I can see how (even though I think its insane) you can give canelo one of the GGG fights and the Lara fight but this scorecard...

I think we ignore it cause the right man won. Buts its bothered me since I watched it live that night. What if there were 2 judges who scored it that way?

Can you make the case? Am I just remembering the fight wrong?

Honestly dude Im not too bothered by it. its without doubt shady, but the right guy won the fight.
I've no issue with the Lara fight either.
However, the first GGG fight was a robbery, not a close fight. It was easy to score and a disgraceful result. that's been my only issue with the scoring of his fights

Honestly dude Im not too bothered by it. its without doubt shady, but the right guy won the fight.
However, the first GGG fight was a robbery, not a close fight. It was easy to score and a disgraceful result. that's been my only issue with the scoring of his fights

I'm in agreement mostly. I might have to RbR score it again and just see. I know canelo was putting in some body work but Floyd was shutting him out imo

Iirc ggg dominated from like rounds 3 or 4 to about 8 or 9 and the rest was close with Canelo having a couple moments

Round by round scoring can make those type of fights appear one sided but in reality it's close on pts

Iirc ggg dominated from like rounds 3 or 4 to about 8 or 9 and the rest was close with Canelo having a couple moments

Round by round scoring can make those type of fights appear one sided but in reality it's close on pts

I’ve watched it a couple of times and the rounds aren’t that difficult to score imo.

I’ve watched it a couple of times and the rounds aren’t that difficult to score imo.
I definitely remember the 1st being a lot clearer than the 2nd as far as that

I'll rewatch and score it at work tonight if i think of it and will post my score

I definitely remember the 1st being a lot clearer than the 2nd as far as that

I'll rewatch and score it at work tonight if i think of it and will post my score

Reported to your boss

Pretty hard score to justify. I try to keep an open mind about scores but Canelo got schooled in that one.

Can't believe in a thread about the impossible to justify score in the Floyd fight, posters more in doubt about GGG fights. Honestly, Canelo should have won both GGG fights, he beat him two ways. Countering him up in first fight, straight up bullying him in the second.

Floyd fight was so in the bag for Floyd there was no question. That one should keep you awake at night. Bringing up GGG at all, Jesus Christ

Can't believe in a thread about the impossible to justify score in the Floyd fight, posters more in doubt about GGG fights. Honestly, Canelo should have won both GGG fights, he beat him two ways. Countering him up in first fight, straight up bullying him in the second.

Floyd fight was so in the bag for Floyd there was no question. That one should keep you awake at night. Bringing up GGG at all, Jesus Christ
118-110 was pretty wide in the first Golovkin fight but agree its easier to get there than the draw for Canelo vs Floyd.

It’s up there with Byrd’s and Guerra’s infamous 118-110s among flat-out unexplainable scorecards.

Bending the rules as much as you can you may explain 117-111 for Canelo-Lara, 118-109 for Canelo-Trout, 119-109 for Canelo-Cotto, 115-111 for Wilder-Fury, or even Bradley edging Pacquiao, but you can’t explain these three based on actual scoring criteria.

Last edited:

Send me some of what you are smoking

Might be able to find 4 rounds for Canelo, being as generous with the scoring criteria as possible. But I don't think a draw is justified there.

Dunno who the judges were in the first Holyfield - Lewis fight but they were the worst for sure

Might be able to find 4 rounds for Canelo, being as generous with the scoring criteria as possible. But I don't think a draw is justified there.
Which fight are you talking about?
Send me some of what you are smoking
I guess GGG coming forward with an ineffective jab because he literally had nothing else for a guy who was gassed but still making him miss and countering his head nearly off his shoulders is winning a fight by some kind of landslide in your eyes, but I'd like to hear how you thought GGG won the 2nd fight. Canelo beat the shit out him in that one.

118-110 was pretty wide in the first Golovkin fight but agree its easier to get there than the draw for Canelo vs Floyd.
The score might be wide, and a draw was justified, but GGG could have very well lost that fight 7-5 and that people can't even stand the thought of a draw and somehow GGG was "robbed" is crazy.

Because the right fellow won in the Mayweather fight, dummy.

Back