City of Paris plans to sue Fox News

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
On the heels of mass solidarity for Free Speech , the city of Paris plans to sue Fox News for insulting Paris and its image.

No love for Fox but come on, this is ridiculous.

Paris is planning to sue Fox News after the "image" of the city was "insulted" and "prejudiced," Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo announced Tuesday during an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

It is because they said Paris has no go zones for non-Muslims.

I thought Paris did have them but I don't know if it is true or not.

Does Paris have no go zones or not?

Je suis Charlie, and I'm taking your ass to court for slander.

I expect that the "no go zones" that they are talking about are very similar to the ones they have in London. they are not completely "you cannot go there", its more like, "probably best not to go there late at night"

Snowball and hell comes to mind of this going anywhere.

Yeah, France's freedom of expression laws are pretty laughable. Morons should be able to be morons and have their lies exposed and ridiculed.

Having said that, it'd still be interesting to know how exactly it'd be carried out. Banning Fox from the country or something? The Fox spin is pretty predictable though:

"Fox News, the network with reporting so cutting edge, so truthful, so raw, France's government wants to nothing to do with us and has us banned!"

Which is ANOTHER reason why limiting freedom of speech is a bad idea. It gives idiots credibility.

On the heels of mass solidarity for Free Speech , the city of Paris plans to sue Fox News for insulting Paris and its image.

No love for Fox but come on, this is ridiculous.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...tedly-suing-for-insulting-city_n_6508550.html

free speech is one thing, but it seems like fixed news just outright started lying, and if that hurts tourism in paris, then they have every right to seek justice. that's how i see this, i doubt they will win, but fox has just been outright lying, that idiot jindal too.

I am not sure of the no-go zones but when I was there several years ago, I was advised not to go to heavily Muslim immigrant neighborhoods.

There are 'no-go' zones in the US; California is an example with certain Latino neighborhoods being no-go zones for Blacks. Then there are certain urban areas where non Black people do not venture into. But these are not based on religious affiliation.

Cities in France like Marseille have areas that are defacto no-go zones but the MSM refrains from mentioning that many of these areas are heavily Muslim North African.

Here is an NPR piece on Marseille being a crime capital.
http://www.npr.org/2012/09/23/161012701/poverty-segregation-fuel-marseille-crime-wave

Marseille is about 40% Muslim.

It is hard to find MSM cut to the chase and just point out that young men from MiddleEastern & North African immigrant communities are the source for France infamous car fires and riots. NYT does mention it here though ironically paints Marseille as relatively peaceful while other French cities with North African immigrant populations are mentioned as having troubles.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/03/22/islam-in-the-melting-pot-of-marseille-13

USAToday also mentions the car fires and the link to French of North African immigrant background.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-10-28-france-violence_x.htm

free speech is one thing, but it seems like fixed news just outright started lying, and if that hurts tourism in paris, then they have every right to seek justice. that's how i see this, i doubt they will win, but fox has just been outright lying, that idiot jindal too.

It isn't really lying though, there are heavily North African and MiddleEastern immigrant neighborhoods that are defacto no-go zones. You live in Cali , you know there are Latino areas that Blacks avoid going to. In France it is areas with heavy Muslim populations. I've been to France a few time but it was always short visits. I used to have friends there and it was they who told me to avoid traveling though certain neighborhoods, which happened to be heavily Muslim.

Fox did make a total fcuk up by saying Birmingham was a no-go zone.

Funny, but it has to be a symbolic protest.
It's not like there's a hard definition of a "no go area".
Sensationalist media referred to a red-light district here as a "no-go zone" because of the general sleaziness, drunken yobbos fighting and crime.
In PNG "no go area" means "tribal, territorial and will kill you for trespassing".

I expect that the "no go zones" that they are talking about are very similar to the ones they have in London. they are not completely "you cannot go there", its more like, "probably best not to go there late at night"

in london? or ny or chicago or miami or la or pretty much any city in the us.

Time to bring back the freedom fries I guess

It isn't really lying though, there are heavily North African and MiddleEastern immigrant neighborhoods that are defacto no-go zones. You live in Cali , you know there are Latino areas that Blacks avoid going to. In France it is areas with heavy Muslim populations. I've been to France a few time but it was always short visits. I used to have friends there and it was they who told me to avoid traveling though certain neighborhoods, which happened to be heavily Muslim.

Fox did make a total fcuk up by saying Birmingham was a no-go zone.

that makes it an absolute LIE, they just singled out muslims as if there aren't shitty neighborhoods all over the world. it isn't that they are muslim it's that they are ghettos. why single out muslims? fox news is completely full of shit and they got caught red handed slandering.

Back