Citrulline VS Beta Alanine

vrain

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been hearing lots about citrulline malate and beta alanine, in that it helps prevent muscle fatigue.

Anybody try both and prefer one over the other?
I want to add one of them for a little training boost, primarily interested in delaying fatigue.
I'm just going to go with one, as I keep my supplement intake pretty minimal. I don't want to end up taking a shitload of supps.

Cheers

Hey guys, I've been hearing lots about citrulline malate and beta alanine, in that it helps prevent muscle fatigue.

Anybody try both and prefer one over the other?
I want to add one of them for a little training boost, primarily interested in delaying fatigue.
I'm just going to go with one, as I keep my supplement intake pretty minimal. I don't want to end up taking a shitload of supps.

Cheers

Different mechanisms of action so many people stack both.

Beta Alanine has more research behind it.

They help, but are not miracle workers.

Many thanks. I may just have to try one at a time for a month or so and see what happens. They seem pretty inexpensive.

If I had to choose I'd go with B-Alanina. You know exactly what it does, have a correct dose protocol and you know it won't be taken just so you can have expensive piss.

Doing a quick review of the research on CM, there's only been 2 trials on humans for athletic performance. One on continual finger flexion, and the other on weight training in a gym. The CM group in the weight training appeared to be able to get 1 or 2 more reps out of each set with a given weight, and muscle soreness seemed to be lower. In rat trials, researchers found that for any given strength of muscle contraction the ATP required for contraction was less, indicating improved contractile efficiency.

i have recently used a tub of citrulline malate from primaforce, pure form presentation,powder, to lift weights.

it helped me reducing doms and increasing performance in general.

i love this stuff.

it gives you the pump too. but meh...who gives a shit.

now i stack creatine, citrulline and beta alanine.

im noticing good results from beta alanine but im taking it for about 3 weeks so ill start noticing its effects from now on...but it already started to help me train martial arts after a day of heavy squatting and not feeling sore after it.

i would say both are worthy.
toghether with creatine? even better.go for it.

Same as guy above. I use CM and like it. I'm not a big fan of BA, tingles are annoying. Really need to dose around 4g to get benefit and the study data is a bit weak on it.

Same as guy above. I use CM and like it. I'm not a big fan of BA, tingles are annoying. Really need to dose around 4g to get benefit and the study data is a bit weak on it.

It's pretty conclusive actually. Durations of 60 - 240 are well improved, and those of longer durations are improved to a lesser extent.

From a meta analysis published in 2012
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22270875

"From the data available to date, it can be concluded that b-alanine supplementation elicits a significant ergogenic effect on high-intensity exercise, particularly in exercise capacity tests and measures, and where the exercise lasts between 1 and 4 min."

Thanks guys....I can find them cheap enough to try both. I think I'll give CM a run for a month...then the BA. Then I'll try to stack them. My training buddy raves about CM.

So I've been using 3-4gms of CM for about a week now (preworkout)....and I don't know if it's placebo or what but I think it's starting to kick in...I'm doing a few ross enamait conditioning workouts along with my barbell work and I could swear I'm taking longer to fatigue...of course it's only been a week so maybe placebo?

i think its not placebo.
for me, citrulline always works since the first dose.

Citrulline and creatine work great together.

The cns stimulation I get from BA gets on my nerves.

I've been using the citrulline for a few weeks now...very noticeable, great supp. Just added the BA...got nauseous for a while right after taking it.

What exactly do you mean by CNS stimulation...?

Back