Citi becomes first big bank to press clients to restrict gun sales

I'll be upfront about the fact the current regulation fervor does nothing to convince me that "they don't want my guns".

I'm a relatively old guy and all I can remember over the years have been people likes these taking, not giving, when it comes to my right to a firearm. Nor do I remember much civil or educated conversation on the subject from those looking to take. I do remember plenty of justifications on why I should just accept it though.

Nope. I just realize that this yet another front in this fight and the rules of battle aren't even well defined. I could care less about bump stockes. But I do care about the magazine argument.

I currently have a Sig Sauer P320 Compact Carry. It takes 17rds standard. 21 with an extended mag, one of which I own. That someone may want to limit my ability to purchase more of either is pertinent to my interest.

By not clearly defining what you mean by high capacity you not only leave no room for a counter argument but you leave it open to various individual interpretations based not on what may be practical but on how you "feel" about it.

You'll have to excuse me if I am less than enthusiastic about leaving that judgement to people that mostly hate firearms, but are often uneducated about them as well.
One of the best posts I've seen on the issue. These fuckers know nothing about guns. Fucking 6 shooters are too many rounds for these cunts.

Nope. I just realize that this yet another front in this fight and the rules of battle aren't even well defined. I could care less about bump stockes. But I do care about the magazine argument.

I currently have a Sig Sauer P320 Compact Carry. It takes 17rds standard. 21 with an extended mag, one of which I own. That someone may want to limit my ability to purchase more of either is pertinent to my interest.

By not clearly defining what you mean by high capacity you not only leave no room for a counter argument but you leave it open to various individual interpretations based not on what may be practical but on how you "feel" about it.

You'll have to excuse me if I am less than enthusiastic about leaving that judgement to people that mostly hate firearms, but are often uneducated about them as well.

You're not excused, because this had nothing to do with Citi or its new policy.

Yes. Banks. Those beacons of moral superiority...

This is like a serial killer lecturing shoplifters.

Interesting intersection of the free market doing what the government isn't doing. Just one company so let's not read too much into it but if it was dozens of companies, it would make the 2nd Amendment argument completely irrelevant since there would be no government action to complain about.

One of the best posts I've seen on the issue. These fuckers know nothing about guns. Fucking 6 shooters are too many rounds for these cunts.
Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to have that discussion and I'm willing to listen but I also want a clearly defined definition of what we're talking about as far as capacity, your reasoning for it and preferably with someone at least partially knowledgeable about the subject. That's fair, and that's how resolutions can be made.

Businesses should stay out of politics. Might be time to cancel the Citi cards.

You're not excused, because this had nothing to do with Citi or its new policy.
Citi is just one more extension of a series of policies coming from the same well as all other regulations or calls for such we've seen come down the pipe.

I don't agree with YOU on that point. I see Cities and it's policy as just another head of this hydra, a more self serving bandwagon jumping head, but a head none the less.

Citi is just one more extension of a series of policies coming from the same well as all other regulations or calls for such we've seen come down the pipe.

I don't agree with YOU on that point. I see Cities and it's policy as just another head of this hydra, a more self serving bandwagon jumping head, but a head none the less.

Yes, once again, I know you're trying to make this not even molehill into a mountain.

None of which is a counter to my origin or subsequent posts.

Interesting intersection of the free market doing what the government isn't doing. Just one company so let's not read too much into it but if it was dozens of companies, it would make the 2nd Amendment argument completely irrelevant since there would be no government action to complain about.
So, your fine as it stands. What if the next phase is anything to do with guns period? I ask because the whole infringement issue of the 2nd isn't specific to the government as written. It simply states shall not be infringed. Based on that interpretation how how is that different from the protections extended to race, sex, or religion? If a gun owner considers themself a protected class just as any religion? Maybe that's what needs to happen, start the Church of the Gun.

Yes, once again, I know you're trying to make this not even molehill into a mountain.

None of which is a counter to my origin or subsequent posts.
And once again, I don't agree with you nor have you offered any real argument to anything I've said. We can continue in this same vein if you wish as long as you wish.

So, your fine as it stands. What if the next phase is anything to do with guns period? I ask because the whole infringement issue of the 2nd isn't specific to the government as written. It simply states shall not be infringed. Based on that interpretation how how is that different from the protections extended to race, sex, or religion? If a gun owner considers themself a protected class just as any religion? Maybe that's what needs to happen, start the Church of the Gun.
Citi isn't infringing on anyone's rights (they wouldn't be in your scenario either), nor is any agent that promotes gun control within it's business net.

And once again, I don't agree with you nor have you offered any real argument to anything I've said. We can continue in this same vein if you wish as long as you wish.

We're on my argument, that this is nothing radical, and you've not offered a single thing to the contrary.

And you're trying to get me to go on defense, because you have nothing to the contrary, but it's not gonna work.

Wait, so a bank is refusing to do business with (what does that entail? Give loans to? Allow customers to swipe their brand of cards?) other businesses based on their opinions that have nothing to do with the actual business act of banking?

Can they be sued for that somehow? Or does this fall under private business can conduct business with whom they wish. Corporations can all force other corps to bend to their opinions on touchy subject matters or be cut out?

Last edited:
Once again, what is "radical"? Here's a side question to go with it...let's say you limit magazine size to 10rds. What if I carry 5 magazines on my person?

Well in California they are basically trying to make guns have magazines fucking welded on.

california-republic-no-right-to-bear-arms-10681019.png

Well in California they are basically trying to make guns have magazines fucking welded on.

california-republic-no-right-to-bear-arms-10681019.png

Have you seen the creativity from the gun manufacturers to get around however California attempts to word their laws? Jump to 2:18 at the vid. Cali says if a semi auto rifle has assault looking features (such as a pistol grip, adjustable stock, or flash suppressor. All of which have no fucking impact on the guns functionality) it cannot have removable magazines. After they reworded it since their attempt
to say “with a tool” resulted in the bullet button, some gun companies are making hyper quick breakdowns between upper and lower which result in the magazine swap not technically being a reload since the gun was “disassembled” to remove one mag and add another

2:18 for the spot. Not sure if it time stamped correctly off mobile

Wait, so a bank is refusing to do business with (what does that entail? Give loans to? Allow customers to swipe their brand of cards?) other businesses based on their opinions that have nothing to do with the actual business act of banking?

Can they be sued for that somehow? Or does this fall under private business can conduct business with whom they wish. Corporations can all force other corps to bend to their opinions on touchy subject matters or be cut out?

Retail clients.

It's right there in the article.

Retail clients.

It's right there in the article.

Yes, and I’m sorry that I don’t understand what the go between a bank and retail client is that would be cut off if they don’t give in to the bank’s demands on firearm restrictions

I’m an engineer. I avoid the business/money side of things as much as possible

Citi also picked Obama's cabinet. Swamp bank.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to have that discussion and I'm willing to listen but I also want a clearly defined definition of what we're talking about as far as capacity, your reasoning for it and preferably with someone at least partially knowledgeable about the subject. That's fair, and that's how resolutions can be made.

How fucking dare you ask for clarification of what a high capacity magazine is!!

Back