Ciscokid1024's log - weight loss & strength training

My workout partner is out on Friday so we decided to do Wednesday's workout on Tuesday and Friday's workout on Thursday, so today we worked out on back to back days so we changed a few things.

Start : 11:30
End : 12:30
warm-up: 7 min on step machine (level 9) Heartbeat up to 157
Leg prehab: Band TKE and Step ups
Shoulder prehab: Band pull aparts, band press, band dislocates, band pand pull-down, and Posterior capsule stretch

OH Squat: 5x45, 5x45, 5x65
Hack Squat : 5 x65 (didn't like these)

Close Grip Barbell Bench press: 5x135, 5x5x165

BOR: 5x135, 5x185, 3x5x190

Sweet log. How's your weight now?

ive never tried hack squats before but they never looked worthwhile anyway.

feezy - my weight hasn't changed. I am trying to follow the Precision Nutrition plan, but I am not sticking to it enough. I am eating more veggies and protein though so maybe I just need to keep working on it. I am trying to be patient.

Zerocrew1984 - I don't know if I did them right, but they sucked. My training partner's back was hurting so that's why we did the OH Squats and Hack Squats to see if we could find something that didn't hurt his back.

Did 35 min on an elliptical machine. Once I got going my heartbeat was between 157-160 most of the time. I used the interval workout on level 10 (out of 25) so every minute the resistance would go up to 10 and then drop back to one or two. I tried to go as fast as I could when the resistance was up. I usually kept the speed over 8 during the interval, some times 9 or 10. For the last one I got up to 12.4 even though there is a warning on the machine not to go above 12. My heartbeat got up to 172 on the last one. :D

Felt good. I am curious how my legs will feel tomorrow, but I know I need to do the cardio to lose some weight.

Let me know how it works when you get your bands.
I got the light band yesterday and I will play with it tonight. I tried it with one knee in after a 14 hour day and couldn't do it, but I am hoping that was due to fatigue.:redface:

I need to get some cardio in. My weight isn't budging either, but my diet hasn't been too good so no surprise.

Keep it up!

Start: 11:50 am
End: 1:10 pm
warm-up: 10 min on step machine - heartbeat up to 148 - felt sore and tired from the cardio yesterday; didn't really feel strong the whole workout.
Leg prehab: band TKE and step ups
Shoulder prehab: Diesel Crew's Ultimate 2 min shoulder warm up

Squat (ATG)
5x455x135
5x225
5x225
5x225
5x225
Zercher 5x155

OHP
5x85
5x135
3x135
5x125
6x125

dynamic shrugs (Tried to be explosive like K. Wassung wrote about; not sure how well I did)
6x135
5x225
5x315
4x405
5x315
5x225
5x135

Pull-ups/chin-ups with a light band
5x chin-up
4x pull-up
5x chin-up

Good work on the chins and pulls. I can't do 1 of them with the light band. I use my feet too for a while and log my food to get my diet on track. Keep it up!

Good work on the chins and pulls. I can't do 1 of them with the light band. I use my feet too for a while and log my food to get my diet on track. Keep it up!

I have been using the bands to bounce up. I step off a step and drop down until my feet hit the ground and then pull up as hard and fast as I can. The rebound of the band plus the pulling I am doing allows me to get all the way up. If I did it slower I wouldn't make it all the way up.

The weight is a whole nother issue. I ate clean all day and followed the 7 rules and then when I got home I ate 3 slices of pizza with extra cheese (and butter) and then made two toasted cheese sandwiches with two slices of American each, two slices of turkey, some cream cheese, and some broccoli slaw just to get a few vegetables in. It was good, but I am not losing weight today I don't think

You put butter on your pizza? I thought my mother was the only person on the planet that did that. I will have to try your way with the bands. Evenings are always when I loose it (overeating and drinking). It's tough as hell. Just stick with it.

I put butter on the pizza because it wasn't greasy enough. duh.

I think I have a problem...

New nickname: Criscoskid

It's a battle man. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be overweight. Get back on track. I don't have butter in my house. That's why I don't eat it. Maybe eat more during the day so that you aren't starving at night.
Keep in mind though that at first you will be hungry all the time. When you are overweight your body becomes desensitized to the hormone that tells you that you are full (Leptin). Stick it out and soon your body will start telling your brain that you are full better.

Did 35 min on the elliptical on level 15 for intervals. My heartbeat went from 155 to 165 during the 15 minutes or so that the intervals were going on.

Diet still an issue. Fridays at work they bring in bagels and donuts for breakfast. Usually I stay away, but today I had a bagel and a half w/cream cheese and 3 Krispy Kremes. MMMM .... it was worth it. :D

Now I will eat my salad and like it.

I swear the inventor of Krispy Kreme's sold his soul to get those donuts to taste that good.

I swear, dieting makes no sense. I weighed 285 this morning then ate bagels and donuts for breakfast, did 35 minutes of cardio, ate a spinach salad with a chicken breast and turkey burger, and then had a met-rx shake with some greens to go and I just stepped on the scale and it said 280 or 279. WTF? I don't care though, I plan to make it back with Dos Equis and Guinness tonight while I watch Survivor and TUF on DVR. I will be 285 again in the morning.
And I am not going to check my log again until tomorrow in case some asshole tries to spoil it for me. :icon_twis

Start: 10:27
End: 12:20
Warm-up: 7 min on recumbent stationary bike
Leg prehab: band tke and step up
shoulder prehab: Band pull-aparts, band presses, band dislocates, posterior capsule stretch

Squat
5xBW
5x135
5x205
5x255
5x255
5x255
5x255

Barbell Bench Press
10x45
6x135
5x185
5x225

BOR
5x132

Deadlift
1x223
1x359
1x409
0x453

Cool down: 15 min on recumbent stationary bike

I shot some video that I am trying to put on youtube. I will post the video if I get it to work.

Here is a video of me squatting 5x255lbs. This was my last set of 4. Please critique my form. Warning: there is a slight wardrobe malfunction....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LK2M9M7eT4Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LK2M9M7eT4Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The beard is a lot shorter than it used to be. I think I am going to grow it out again.
Here is a video of Bench press. Mostly funny because I have to scoot back. 225 x 5:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qml8akKhdrY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qml8akKhdrY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back