Media Ciryl Gane on his fight with Volkov

Rubbish reasoning. If Overeem had faced the same opponents in the same order at the same time, he would have been on the exact same streak, and not even sure he would have beaten Lewis.
JDS gets trashed for losing to guys who all beat Overeem.
Their recent records are as equal as it gets. They beat the bottom top 10 and below and lose to the top 5.
MMA Math ... I'm talking about fights that happened, ranking positions that existed... You are talking about fights that didn't happen.. See the difference? "Rubbish reasoning" <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
First, thanks a lot about the compliments l@nd0 I've since edited my post to add the actual fights, and more info about Panda Dyczka, a guy I really thought would have a shot at the big leagues with his crisp hands (for HW at least) and iron chin.

For the first part of your post, fair enough, even if I had to look up fightfinder to get reminded why Overeem arguably won his last fight... and ok, the Roz KO was right in the middle :D
That fight really pissed me off, since Overeem had clearly established that he was the better fighter, but now because he couldn't keep his hands up for a full round, we would have to "waste" precious time by giving Roz a title eliminator against Ngannou...

... aw, I'm being too harsh on Roz; and OK, I get your point, but to bo back to the comparison between 2021 AO and 2020 JDS, Overeem was still KO'd 2 fights before the Volkov bout, in which he looked pretty bad.

And if you look at who beat JDS in those recent bouts preceding the Gane loss, they're all guys Overeem lost to (even if I agree that the Roz fight has some kind of weird asterisk next to it, I think most people here would disagree with us).

But you're still right, JDS was on a 3 fights losing streak, and AO was more relevant.

I'll still be rooting for Ciryl Gane :D it will be a hard fight, and one I wouldn't want to bet on, especially with Gane as the favorite (I've read Gane -165, Volkov +135)

Like I said earlier, Ngannou vs Gane is my current HW dream fight, while Volkov vs Ngannou.. it would be a cool fight too, but the storyline isn't as powerful, with Gane being undefeated and a former training partner, and their fighting styles compliment each other better IMHO
Glad we found some common ground! Totally agree Gane vs Ngannou is a much more interesting fight right now, I still want to see how Gane reacts to getting hit though don't feel like i've seen him tested yet, so much still to learn imo(as a spectator not his game, though i'm sure he's got many improvements to make too), maybe you've seen that in his Muay Thai fights and pre-UFC fights, i've not looked at them myself, will do at some point.. Appreciate you adding the video's to that post too :)
<RomeroSalute>

MMA Math ... I'm talking about fights that happened, ranking positions that existed... You are talking about fights that didn't happen.. See the difference?
I see your mental confusion.
Overeem vs Blaydes, Rozenstruik and Ngannou all happened and he lost all of them like JdS. Just not in a row.

JDS recent wins: Tuivasa, Ivanov, Lewis
Overeem recent wins: Pavlovich, Oleinik, Sakai, Harris.

Pretty much the same.

I see your mental confusion.
Overeem vs Blaydes, Rozenstruik and Ngannou all happened and he lost all of them like JdS. Just not in a row.

JDS recent wins: Tuivasa, Ivanov, Lewis
Overeem recent wins: Pavlovich, Oleinik, Sakai, Harris.

Pretty much the same.

1 ranked fighter vs 4 <YeahOKJen>

You said
"If you consider 2021 Overeem as a legit win for Volkov, then IMO 2020 JDS should be one too..."

2020 JDS TKO'd badly 3 times in a row before fighting Gane, 2021 Overeem going into the Volkov fight was very close to being on a 5 fight win streak against ranked competition - take away the weird Roze fight he won 99% of and it's still better.

More deluded goalpost moving.. Pick and choose your specific dates and make believe matchups all you want, stubbornly don't admit the obvious that Volkov has a better resume than Gane all you want, i'm done here.

1 ranked fighter vs 4 <YeahOKJen>
3 vs 3. Pavlovich was not ranked, Tuivasa and Ivanov were.
You really struggle with facts.

More deluded goalpost moving.. Pick and choose your specific dates and make believe matchups all you want, stubbornly don't admit the obvious that Volkov has a better resume than Gane all you want, i'm done here.
This really won't matter on sunday morning.

3 vs 3. Pavlovich was not ranked, Tuivasa and Ivanov were.
You really struggle with facts.

This really won't matter on sunday morning.
Fair play Tuivasa was some how off of an Arlovski win lol ... Ivanov was not though.

I'm the one who listed real fights, factual fights! you mentioned hypothetical losses and wins in hypothetical orders
{<jordan}

l
I'm the one who listed real fights, factual fights! you mentioned hypothetical losses and wins in hypothetical orders
{<jordan}
Didn't mention a single "hypoyhetical" fight.
JDS did lose to Ngannou, Rozenstruik and Blaydes.
Overeem did lose to Ngannou, Overeem and Blaydes. He just got easy fights in between so it didn't look as bad.

You're fucking dense.

Didn't mention a single "hypoyhetical" fight.
JDS did lose to Ngannou, Rozenstruik and Blaydes.
Overeem did lose to Ngannou, Overeem and Blaydes. He just got easy fights in between so it didn't look as bad.

You're fucking dense.
" If Overeem had faced the same opponents in the same order at the same time, he would have been on the exact same streak, and not even sure he would have beaten Lewis."
None of this happened <Prem973>

Hypothetical -
involving or being based on a suggested idea or theory : being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural hypothetical arguments a hypothetical situation.

It's all in your head mate, like your delusion of Gane having a better resume than Volkov..

Overeem didn't fight the same opponents in the same order, he fought them in a time frame that you didn't include as relevant to your arbitrary window of 2020 and 2021 until it became convenient to use them, just like you didn't include Volkov fights pre UFC to support your nonsense claims either.

Don't say "2020 this" is equal to "2021 that" and bring up fights from 2017 and you won't embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
The speed difference will be the key factor here. Volkov is good and powerful but he ain't exactly the flash. Gane will dance around him, jab his face and chop his leg without barely taking a shot. He might even be bigger than Volkov though both guys are massive. I'm bummed that one of them (Volkov most likely) has to lose.
Volkov has to cut to make 265. How is Gane bigger in any way?
Gane weights in at 245-250 and Volkov is probably quite north of 270 when they stand in the cage so I'd guess Volkov has a minimum of 25 pounds on him.

Last edited:
Feel like Volkov is going to make this fight not pretty. Between his recent filling out of his frame, his height, and vast experience advantage. I don't think Gane is going to be able to be as safe and refined as he was against Rozenstruik who dosen't ever seem to be able to fight off his front foot. Feel like Volkov TKO's him witin 2 or 3 rounds but thats just me.

I think Volkov takes it. Nice guy though. Seems like he's not egotistical.
Saw a couple interviews of him on french tv, and I know some people who met him. He really is a nice guy, down to earth, chill and always smiling.

Volkov has to cut to make 265. How is Gane bigger in any way?
Gane weights in at 245-250 and Volkov is probably quite north of 270 when they stand in the cage so I'd guess Volkov has a minimum of 25 pounds on him.
Guess I was wrong. Volkov used to be around 250 but he put on mass recently.
Curtis-Blaydes-vs-Alexander-Volkov-FULL-FIGHT-HIGHLIGHT-June-20.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Guess I was wrong. Volkov used to be around 250 but he put on mass recently.
Curtis-Blaydes-vs-Alexander-Volkov-FULL-FIGHT-HIGHLIGHT-June-20.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah he got huge after that fight. Look at his IG. His last fight I think he already was cutting weight.

Kind of disappointed he doesn't stick with the heavy french accent.
But his English improve a lot since his debut. You can tell he's working hard on it

Thats not a heavy french accent? ...

I almost needed subtitles at one point ..

Back