Ciryl Gane is Jon Jones tallest opponent to date

QuestionableBestEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gif
Tx! Fabulous answer.

Looks like Gane might have longer leg reach as well, which could be interesting.

If Ngannou took Gsne down with ease I got to think Bones will blanket him for 5 rds

If Ngannou took Gsne down with ease I got to think Bones will blanket him for 5 rds

Francis has one punch knockout power, so it could be Gane was easy to fool, against Jones, Gane might be so comfortable striking that he can stop the takedowns.

It’s hard to say, because Jon could go in and take him down easily, this fight is hard to call.

i hope gane develops a killer instinct....he will have to fight to win....

Francis and Gane are pretty well identical height

upload_2023-1-25_15-49-19.png

They both look like they had atleast 2 inches on 6'3" Derrick Lewis, but they prob exaggerate Lewis' height too.

I reckon Gane is a tall 6'4", same as Jones. But no doubt the tallest, longest and heaviest opponent Jones will be in the cage with.

Not really
He squashed OSP, Bonnar, Gus 2 and Smith

View attachment 964718

Because Jones has done well against some very tall guys doesn't mean its not true. Out of the toughest fights Jones has had in his career, aside from DC, the only non-tall guy was Santos at 6 ft 2. The other toughest fights of his career have coincidentally all come against guys who are 6 ft 4 or the same height as himself. If you don't care about PEDs, I think Jones has the best overall resume of anyone in MMA history, but it does seem that in the few fights where he has had tough fights, they're usually against guys his height

Because Jones has done well against some very tall guys doesn't mean its not true. Out of the toughest fights Jones has had in his career, aside from DC, the only non-tall guy was Santos at 6 ft 2. The other toughest fights of his career have coincidentally all come against guys who are 6 ft 4 or the same height as himself. If you don't care about PEDs, I think Jones has the best overall resume of anyone in MMA history, but it does seem that in the few fights where he has had tough fights, they're usually against guys his height

Who were all the tall guys Jones had a tough time with?

The only war he's been in is with Gus; who he destroyed in their second fight.

Back