Ciryl Gané, next big thing at HW ?

point fighting? dude has a 70% finish rate and 4 finishes in the UFC with 3 decisions. You're just blatantly salty. respect to the last sentence but that's all there should of been.

not to mention the 9 finishes in 13 kickboxing fights. Furthermore proves he ain't point fighting.

Oof you really like this guy. His finish rate is like Bisping’s. He mostly out cardio’s them. A bit more impressive at MW. Gain wears guys down with point fighting. But he rarely has clean KO’s.

but he’s a lot better than I thought. And he has a lot of potential to get better. That’s scary. Kind of like Usman.

No I dont care at all really, I enjoy KOs and finishers as much as the next guy, but stats dont lie, he finishes more than he doesn't, stop trying to put him in with the Jon Fitches and Jared Rosholt point fighters, the mans gameplan works very well as he surgically dissects his opponents till their soul breaks and Cyril gets the finish. I love it, takes an incredible amount of skill to do this

that’s cool. And while we can both acknowledge his skill level, I’m sure we can also understand that fight style preference still subjective. I know he’s skilled. And yet, still not my cup of tea. I find him boring.

Dyczka had a ton of hype and man that fight was a beatdown.

Yep, I was on that hypetrain, still think he can end up in the UFC.

But you are right, that was a serious beatdown.

Nice thread. I was impressed when he destroyed Dyzcka. Been on the Gane train ever since.

Damn, he'd send Dyczka straight to boxing.

Well thank you Karelinator, I was also keeping an eye on the "Kung Fu Panda" (5-0 as an amateur, and 7-0 as a pro before the Gane fight) and was scared that Ciryl retired him from combat sports in general.
He had also gotten popped for steroids in the past, so I was wondering if something like that had happened again...

But no, it's just that he's had one boxing bout every year in Québec since he got blasted by le bon gamin
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/891023 <mma4>
He didn't exactly beat world class dudes, but he's 3-0 for now, and it would be cool if he managed to challenge a big name.

Holy shit, one of the guys he beat, one Jaye Byard, is also known under the name "The Halifax Killer"
I saw that he was "suspended by Ontario Athletic Commission indefinitely", got curious, googled his name, and he tortured and killed some guy over weed and ash oil; told you cannabis made you violent!
“The victim was tied up, a towel was wrapped around his head, he was hit with a propane tank and kicked in the face and body. He was also burned with a blow torch.”
[...]
“The judge referred to the murder as senseless, brutal, vicious, cowardly and despicable and referenced victim impact statements and an enduring and significant impact on the victim’s loved ones.”
<Varys01>
The boxer stepping into the ring next week with a convicted Halifax killer says he understands Jerrod Alexander Byard is looking for redemption, but it’s not going to come from him.

Quebec fighter Adam Dyczka admits he was a little taken aback when he learned his opponent in the four-round bout scheduled for next Saturday, Nov. 21, in Rimouski murdered a man in Halifax 22 years ago.

“I understand the part where he wants redemption and all that but I’m not going to just roll over and give it to him,” Dyczka said Friday.

“It doesn’t scare me … I’m not worried at all.”
FUCK YEAH KUNG FU PANDA <BlackPinkStab> FUCK HIM UP

(only footage of the fight I found on youtube... EDIT: well, aside from when Dyczka dropped killer boy in the opening minute, it was a pretty close fight :( let's hope Kung Fu Panda has stepped his game up since that bout...
and some people here are acting like Francis Ngannou can just enter boxing and gets the big belts right off the start, and "Tyson Fury would be the only one to give his problems", my ass.

Like when Aleksander Emelianenko entered boxing against a former amateur doing his first pro fight as well, and got lit up to a lucky draw... boxing ain't that easy.
Kung Fu Panda has KO'd some good names in MMA, but couldn't use all his power in the boxing ring)

2nd edit: damn, I hadn't realized that my dude Steve "the Boss" Bossé, 12-2, who retired from the UFC in 2017 after pulling out of the Canonnier fight because of an injury, had since gotten in a boxing bout....

... against friggin' Jean Pascal! (Jean-Thenistor Pascal)
Dude is 35-6-1 in pro boxing & 19-5 in amateur boxing, and Steve Bossé decides that he'll be good for his first boxing bout?
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/290691?allSports=y
Jean-Thenistor Pascal (born 28 October 1982) is a Haitian-born Canadian professional boxer. He has held the WBA (Regular) light-heavyweight title since October 2019, previously holding the WBC, IBO, The Ring and lineal light-heavyweight titles between 2009 and 2011, and once challenging for the WBC super-middleweight title in 2008.

That's ballsy <RomeroSalute>
It took me some time for me to warm up to Bossé, because he beat my boy Wes "The Project" Sims back in the days, for the main event of my first TKO event like (TKO 34 in 2008 ) and it was a shady stoppage, yeah I said it!
(Referee didn't deserve to be kicked by Big Wes for it, but come on)

Hammer House already had some king of history with roughing refs up (Baroni against Lindland, Coleman against Shogun...) so Sims against Bossé was the last straw I guess...

Anyway, if anyone is curious about the result...

good fight!

Last edited:
He showed us last night that he is not the next best thing …

Damn I live in the same neighborhood that "The Halifax Killer" did his killing

Yes, he lost a debatable decision. He was therefore never any good.
Not debatable … are you blind ? The next best thing lost to a 1 legged, no ground game without cardio opponent lol

Not debatable … are you blind ? The next best thing lost to a 1 legged, no ground game without cardio opponent lol
It was definitely debatable.

And Gane is still very green. Many great fighters lost their first title shot. Gane is still a special talent, and you'd have to be blind to think otherwise.

I don't think the decision was debatable. The only people who think it is debatable are the small subsection of the community which thinks that you should be rewarded points for throwing up failed sub attempts. Which, despite their persistence than this is the correct reading of the laws, is almost never the way the laws are interpreted anyways so their arguments don't matter.

But to suggest that Gane is not the next best thing because he lost one 48-47 decision, in a Title Unification bout in fact. That's absolutely absurd. Gane is the next best thing. Even if he doesn't take the belt immediately, he has to fight a bunch of fights and maybe picks up some wins or some losses, he will most likely carry a lineal belt at some point some day.

Last edited:
I don't think the decision was debatable. The only people who think it is debatable are the small subsection of the community which thinks that you should be rewarded points for throwing up failed sub attempts. Which, despite their persistence than this is the correct reading of the laws, is almost never the way the laws are interpreted anyways so their arguments don't matter.

But to suggest that Gane is not the next best thing because he lost one 48-47 decision, in a Title Unification bout in fact. That's absolutely absurd. Gane is the next best thing. Even if he doesn't take the belt immediately, he has to fight a bunch of fights and maybe picks up some wins or some losses, he will most likely carry a lineal belt at some point some day.
Don't get me wrong, I think Ngannou won the fight. I was definitely rooting for Gane, but I scored it 48-47 Ngannou. If Gane had managed to maintain top position he would have won the decision, but he didn't.

However, according to MMA Decisions, 27% of fans scored the 5th round for Gane, and the video I shared makes a decent case for it. It certainly wasn't a robbery, but I'd still say it was debatable.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/12847/Francis-Ngannou-vs-Ciryl-Gane

I just find it very irritating when people talk shit about fighters as soon as they lose, especially a loss as close as that one was.

It was definitely debatable.

And Gane is still very green. Many great fighters lost their first title shot. Gane is still a special talent, and you'd have to be blind to think otherwise.

I don’t care about a YouTube opinion

3-2 Ngannou on a horrible fight …

gane looks like a taekwondo guy marking his shots …

Don't get me wrong, I think Ngannou won the fight. I was definitely rooting for Gane, but I scored it 48-47 Ngannou. If Gane had managed to maintain top position he would have won the decision, but he didn't.

However, according to MMA Decisions, 27% of fans scored the 5th round for Gane, and the video I shared makes a decent case for it. It certainly wasn't a robbery, but I'd still say it was debatable.

I just find it very irritating when people talk shit about fighters as soon as they lose, especially a loss as close as that one was.
If you think Ngannou won the fight… why you keep telling me is debatable ??
He did not won the fight on Saturday and his stock fall from grace… the company tried to sell him as this monster that we have never seen before … not

I don’t care about a YouTube opinion

3-2 Ngannou on a horrible fight …

gane looks like a taekwondo guy marking his shots …
If he was in Bellator you would think he was amazing.

Lmao!!!!! There goes your argument … childish …. I have never mentioned any other show
You are a known UFC hater. And it's the truth. If a fighter exactly like Gane was in any other organization you would think he was great.

I mean, all 3 judges. 22 of the 23 MMA journalists from that website. And some 70% of fans all see it the same way. By comparison, Figueiredo got 15 of the 23 journalists and some 60% of fans. Every decision could be "debatable" but this is not one of the more debatable decisions imo.

And yeah, I agree likewise, that kind of behavior I find petulant and frustrating. The fight was decided by a round. And this behavior is really common but that doesn't make it good. Same thing with some fans and Giga Chikadze last week. He went from FW savior, which I never believed he was, to exposed old bum, for some radical commenters.

Back