Cintron In MMA, Good for Boxing?

Don't bother uppercuts, despite flawless logic all you're going to get is:

"Nope. It's impossible because I say so. Cintron gets pwn3d without question by D-level MMA Fighters by default!!!11"

yeah exactly,

I just dont understand how people can be so ignorant when so many guys have succeeded in MMA with far less credentials than Cintron.

Just look how Marcus Davis, Chris Lytle, Alessio Sakara and Jeremy Williams have fared in MMA. All are former pro boxers and I honestly could say Williams was the only "good" professional boxer in that list. Hes undefeated and he almost won a fight with a gogoplata. The other 3 accomplished very little in the sport of boxing and yet they all have winning records and Lytle, Davis and Sakara all fight in the best MMA organization in the world.

Don't bother uppercuts, despite flawless logic all you're going to get is:

"Nope. It's impossible because I say so. Cintron gets pwn3d without question by D-level MMA Fighters by default!!!11"

yeah exactly,

I just dont understand how people can be so ignorant when so many guys have succeeded in MMA with far less credentials than Cintron.

Just look how Marcus Davis, Chris Lytle, Alessio Sakara and Jeremy Williams have fared in MMA. All are former pro boxers and I honestly could say Williams was the only "good" professional boxer in that list. Hes undefeated and he almost won a fight with a gogoplata. The other 3 accomplished very little in the sport of boxing and yet they all have winning records and Lytle, Davis and Sakara all fight in the best MMA organization in the world.

I know. Cintron hasn't even had one MMA fight and these tools are making stupid statements like BJ will beat him? Um..ok, thanks for pointing that out. Everytime a MMA fighter makes his pro boxing debut, I should belittle him since he won't beat Mayweather.

Actually the tools are the ones claiming Cintron would be great in MMA just because he has a wrestling background.

There are plenty of amateur wrestlers, much better than Cintron, who couldn't cross over into MMA successfully.

Actually the tools are the ones claiming Cintron would be great in MMA just because he has a wrestling background.

There are plenty of amateur wrestlers, much better than Cintron, who couldn't cross over into MMA successfully.

How could you honestly make this post and gloss over his hand skills?
Seriously.

Weren't you a baiter in here a while back?
INS... that name sounds familiar. And I think you were in here months back baiting.

I might not understand the difference...
but what do you mean when you say "amateur" wrestling?
He wrestled in grade school and high school.... is wrestling in college considered "professional wrestling"? I don't understand the distinction you're making.

Also, saying something doesn't "always" lead to something else is irrelevant and, again, I don't get the point you're trying to make. And saying "doesn't translate well" means nothing, because how are we supposed to understand what you mean by "well". I think you're purposely trying to be vague. Maybe to score points or whatever.

*Having a great amateur (fits) boxing career doesn't ALWAYS translate "well" (??) to pro boxing.
*Winning the Heisman Trophy doesn't ALWAYS translate "well" (??) to pro football.

In other words being a good high school wrestler doesn't mean you will be a good mixed martial artist.

Being an Olympic level wrestler doesn't always guarantee success in MMA either.

I'm just saying Cintron wouldn't be an elite fighter in a year, not a chance.

Seriously.

INS... that name sounds familiar. And I think you were in here months back baiting.

His hand skills don't need mentioning because we all know he would have the best hands in his division.

But they said the same about Mirko Cro Cop's strking.

Seriously.

Master baiter?

I think Cintron could have a really succesful career in mma.

Guys like Sam Stout don't have much in the way of ground game (I think), and have been decently succesful and his boxing is shit imo.

Cintron with small gloves + cross training = dangerous at 155.

Not good for both sports. They should stick to what they do best.

Back