Chute Boxe was the Pinnacle MMA Dynasty!!!!!!!!!!

Hey anyone that wants to post any of their favorite chute boxe fighters pictures feel free!

Thats what I been saying. WAR WAND!

Cool, it just seems like you original post was a bit hyperbolic. When people start saying the "Michael Jordan of ___" I start to think of the guy in my avatar.

Favorite Chute Boxe related photo would have to be...

normal_Wandy_Claus.JPG

judging a fight career is different than judging another sports career. All athletes age and will be beaten by younger guy. THIS HAPPENS. The difference is guys like Micheal Jordan getting run over on the court isnt as blatant as BJ Penn getting his shit pushed by Rory McDonald. Its easier to forget a couple poor seasons of basketball than a devastating knockout loss.

To judge an mma career your have to look at accomplishments.
ex. Shogun was the Pride GP champ and the UFC lhw with many top 10wins Accomplishing things like this in mma cements a status regardless of how injuries and age affect current fight results. Gusto beat the shit out of Shogun but he cant hold a candle to his legacy. Same with Leben beating Wanderlei

Wanderlei Silva was the undefeated Pride Champion for 4 years while fighting above his weight class. He also inspired thousands. For this he is a LEGEND and even if Brian Stann takes him out he will go down as one of the greatest of all time. You guys look too much at the present rankings when selecting GOATS.

Its funny because the same guys that put Wanderlei down are the type to praise Ali as the greatest and ignore the embarrassing tail end of his career.

Same here. So many people, on this site at least, are counting Wand out, but not me. He can still KO dudes like nobody's business, but he does have to be more careful nowadays about getting KO'ed. He used to be invincible but those days are over, the punishment has added up, and he needs to fight smarter. Here's to hoping Stann doesn't catch him, and that Stann's the one that gets caught!

I'm also counting on Rampage to take out Machida (nothing against Machida, but I'm a Rampage fan from back when he had those great wars with Wand in PRIDE). And man, I think people here give Rampage an even worse shot at beating Machida than they give to Wand beating Stann.
I completely agree and most importantly Wanderlei has to pace himself for short concentrated flurries, I think the way he fought the Bisping fight is the ideal style for him considering his accumulated damage and deteriorated skills. It's also awesome that most of your family has met him. Def on my to do list

I completely agree and most importantly Wanderlei has to pace himself for short concentrated flurries, I think the way he fought the Bisping fight is the ideal style for him considering his accumulated damage and deteriorated skills. It's also awesome that most of your family has met him. Def on my to do list

Yeah, it was just blind luck; he was in an elevator in Vegas with my mom and sister! My mother knew who he was because my sister's been an MMA and Wand fan for about as long as I have. Props to Wand for being respectful to my mother, haha. Axe Murderer in the ring/cage, gentleman outside of it.

judging a fight career is different than judging another sports career. All athletes age and will be beaten by younger guy. THIS HAPPENS. The difference is guys like Micheal Jordan getting run over on the court isnt as blatant as BJ Penn getting his shit pushed by Rory McDonald. Its easier to forget a couple poor seasons of basketball than a devastating knockout loss.

To judge an mma career your have to look at accomplishments.
ex. Shogun was the Pride GP champ and the UFC lhw with many top 10wins Accomplishing things like this in mma cements a status regardless of how injuries and age affect current fight results. Gusto beat the shit out of Shogun but he cant hold a candle to his legacy. Same with Leben beating Wanderlei

Wanderlei Silva was the undefeated Pride Champion for 4 years while fighting above his weight class. He also inspired thousands. For this he is a LEGEND and even if Brian Stann takes him out he will go down as one of the greatest of all time. You guys look too much at the present rankings when selecting GOATS.

Its funny because the same guys that put Wanderlei down are the type to praise Ali as the greatest and ignore the embarrassing tail end of his career.

The new generation of MMA fans are fickle and show no respect for legends and pioneers(not all but a vast number).

It seems that MMA fans set themselves apart from your average sports fans in the sense that in football/basketball/baseball the legends and pioneers are revered and respected. In combats sports those same types of fighters are ran down, belittled, and have their career/legacy/resume ripped to shreds.

99% of MMA fans I encounter in real life make me cringe. Even some of my best friends who have been following the sport for years.

sherdog should make a pre 2005 account forum

Hey now! I have been watching since 03. I was 19 and was not interested in spending my time on internet forums arguing, discussing, researching MMA.

I found this website a couple years before I joined back in 06 (I was a big Loiseau fan and stumbled on this forum when trying to find some of his older fights leading up to the Franklin fight). When I got a job that allowed for a shit ton of free time I decided to waste some of it on here so I joined.

you got a different opionion look at you yea good for you whatever. if you feel like trolling or talking about some guy you put in your own avatar that you dont think highly of then go talk about it in one of those threads if they have them.

Cool, it just seems like you original post was a bit hyperbolic. When people start saying the "Michael Jordan of ___" I start to think of the guy in my avatar.

The new generation of MMA fans are fickle and show no respect for legends and pioneers(not all but a vast number).

It seems that MMA fans set themselves apart from your average sports fans in the sense that in football/basketball/baseball the legends and pioneers are revered and respected. In combats sports those same types of fighters are ran down, belittled, and have their career/legacy/resume ripped to shreds.

99% of MMA fans I encounter in real life make me cringe. Even some of my best friends who have been following the sport for years.

a lot of times sports fans think the louder, more disrespectful and vulgar opinions get the most attention. I found most old school fans a lot more respect to the mma OGs.

Your stupidity is underrated.

Anderson
Wanderlei
Shogun
Pele
Werdum
Gonzaga
Ninja
Thiago Silva
Assuerio Silva
Christiano Marcello
Dida
Corderio
Female Cyborg
Male Cyborg

Thats some talent right thurr. Alot of them still kicking ass to this day. I'll never forget Shogun vs randleman and the finish of shogun for Arona he slayed two massive beasts.

**edit and when ninja was fat as hell to fight HW lol

a lot of times sports fans think the louder, more disrespectful and vulgar opinions get the most attention. I found most old school fans a lot more respect to the mma OGs.

Absolutely! I am an avid and proud Shogun fanboy. I see all the disrespectful comments about him tapping to strikes and being overrated. It seems as if 99.9% have a join date of 2010 or newer.

When has Wanderlei been knocked out left and right? What an ignorant comment.

From his Mirko fight to the Leben fight, Wandy was 2-6. 4 of the losses were by KO. From Mirko to Rampage, he was KOed 3 out of 5 fights. I'd say that would qualify as getting knocked out left and right. His comment seems less ignorant than yours based on those facts.

Not hating on Wanderlei, but we can't ignore the fights as they happened.

Hey now! I have been watching since 03. I was 19 and was not interested in spending my time on internet forums arguing, discussing, researching MMA.

I found this website a couple years before I joined back in 06 (I was a big Loiseau fan and stumbled on this forum when trying to find some of his older fights leading up to the Franklin fight). When I got a job that allowed for a shit ton of free time I decided to waste some of it on here so I joined.

Yeah right. I started watching MMA in the late 90's back when I was in high school. Just because people don't spend all their time on the internet doesn't make them ignorant about MMA.

Back