Chute Boxe in NYC at Ultimate GYM

Is Ultimate Muay Thai around 5th and 24th?
They got alot of bad press from people who use to train there.
I stopped by a few years ago and the guy behind the counter
wasn't very friendly.
If it's the same place, they might have changed owners, because
i heard they shut down... bad managment.

I'd go to THE WAT on Howard St in Chinatown.
Phil Nurse is an awesome teacher as well as his assistants. All very
cool and informative.

That's the place. I don't know a whole lot about them. I think that they are not looked upon well by the MT community in NYC but, I only have heard that through the grapevine. I never trained there myself or had bad experience with them at shows I have been to.

Yea a lot of people tell me the same thing they heard through the grapevine that they are not good, don't now why, I wish someone could give me specifics. The head guy there his name is Nestor claims he trained Renzo, Almeida and oher gracies for MMA events.

I went there once to check out the school and that Nestor guy didn't even want to talk to me. He acted as though he has no need for students.

DKM76 said:
I went there once to check out the school and that Nestor guy didn't even want to talk to me. He acted as though he has no need for students.

That's what i'm talking about.... if Nester is the same dude I saw a few years back.
He would just answer my questions as simple as possible and gave me the vibe like
he didn't want to be bothered.

He seemed kool with me, he ansered and even talked about florida and NY and how he wishes he was there lol we got into a good conversation some personal and some business peraining to th gym. i guess he might be bi-polar lol depends how you get him

they were hell of competitors vs 5 points gym at a muay thai card I saw 2 years ago
as in really agressive and good

ShadowNINku said:
they were hell of competitors vs 5 points gym at a muay thai card I saw 2 years ago
as in really agressive and good
who was good? 5 points or ultimate, do you have info on Ultimate Gym

Back