Church for sale

My mother's church will be gone soon.

Lutheran church, founded in Montreal by German immigrants immediately following the end of WWII. The new generation simply wasn't interested and my mother is one of the youngest members of the congregation at 75.

I'll be sad to see it go, my grandfather built most of that church.

St. Paul's

that begs the question; how many parishioners do I need to be an actual religion?

Do a couple guys over once a month to watch the fights count as services?

Every week. Post flyers too. I think it's doable. I got ordained once from a church I found in the back of The National Enquirer. I forget the denomination, I misplaced the Certificate of Authentication.

After looking into it once honestly, I think the best way is Make it a Buddhist temple. Get a gong, So when your buddies are shitfaced they can beat on it for hours on end, yelling like Mongos.

Complaints you get will be hard evidence for the Appraisal district that in fact, you are holding service!

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Churches-&-Religious-Organizations

These idiots got tax exempt status for their house being common weirdos

http://www.houstonzen.org/

I always wanted to live in a church. I made a post how I got stoned and went to a mega church and got force converted lol. Mega churches in Oklahoma are huuuuge. I can't believe they don't get taxed.

I always wanted to live in a church. I made a post how I got stoned and went to a mega church and got force converted lol. Mega churches in Oklahoma are huuuuge. I can't believe they don't get taxed.
haha, oh man. Force converted while high? This I have to hear...

Did you get swatted?

latest

haha, oh man. Force converted while high? This I have to hear...

Basically it was after a shitty breakup and there was this sweet southern girl I was seeing. Virgin but did anal lol. She traveled the world as a missionary and despite being fanatically Christian was a very good person.

One day she says they're doing an international revival, I didn't know what that was. I go to Greek Orthodox churches for Greek festivals and nom out and admire the architecture so I expected food.

Expecting food, I got so. Fucking. Stoned. I'm sitting there , and people are in hysterics, talking in tongues, dancing, they're beating drums, the pastor is putting his hand on people's heads and they're fainting. This old chick whose husband is basically running in place was fucking me with her eyes.

I had no idea how to process any of it. At that church when everyone got all quiet they said to put your heads down, then the pastor asked if anyone didn't have Jesus in their heart and I feel her nudge me so I raise my hand.

Pastor goes "young man, come to us" and I look at that chick and said "NO" and I felt a hand on my shoulder, her dads, and he says "I'll walk with you" so I go down the aisle and they pray for me then take me to this room.

I'm still so fucking high and they ask me to repeat some stuff then this fat chick grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes and starts talking in gibberish. I'm as wide eyed as I can be (the marijuana kept them pretty narrow) and the whole room starts talking in gibberish and won't let me leave until I speak in tongues.

I basically just mumbled give it away by red hot chili peppers and got to leave.

fucking weird experience

Basically it was after a shitty breakup and there was this sweet southern girl I was seeing. Virgin but did anal lol. She traveled the world as a missionary and despite being fanatically Christian was a very good person.

One day she says they're doing an international revival, I didn't know what that was. I go to Greek Orthodox churches for Greek festivals and nom out and admire the architecture so I expected food.

Expecting food, I got so. Fucking. Stoned. I'm sitting there , and people are in hysterics, talking in tongues, dancing, they're beating drums, the pastor is putting his hand on people's heads and they're fainting. This old chick whose husband is basically running in place was fucking me with her eyes.

I had no idea how to process any of it. At that church when everyone got all quiet they said to put your heads down, then the pastor asked if anyone didn't have Jesus in their heart and I feel her nudge me so I raise my hand.

Pastor goes "young man, come to us" and I look at that chick and said "NO" and I felt a hand on my shoulder, her dads, and he says "I'll walk with you" so I go down the aisle and they pray for me then take me to this room.

I'm still so fucking high and they ask me to repeat some stuff then this fat chick grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes and starts talking in gibberish. I'm as wide eyed as I can be (the marijuana kept them pretty narrow) and the whole room starts talking in gibberish and won't let me leave until I speak in tongues.

I basically just mumbled give it away by red hot chili peppers and got to leave.

fucking weird experience
Swdi5J4.gif

This is the best story I have read on this forum. lol, amazing. That's hilarious, dude. lol, you mumbled 'give it away' so they'd let you leave.

So good.

Holy fucking lol. You've got to add that to your stand up routine, Man.

fucking weird experience
d4tjYf2.gif

My mother's church will be gone soon.

Lutheran church, founded in Montreal by German immigrants immediately following the end of WWII. The new generation simply wasn't interested and my mother is one of the youngest members of the congregation at 75.

I'll be sad to see it go, my grandfather built most of that church.

St. Paul's
I would consider being Lex Lutheran. Collectively we should be able to take out Superman.

I was considering purchasing one a couple years back. I was going to turn it into a single bedroom home.
Tompkins_Corners_United_Methodist_Church,_Putnam_Valley,_NY.jpg

Gorgeous building.

I know a guy who bought a bank building and turned it into the coolest living space I have ever seen. The man threw incredible parties.

Gorgeous building.

I know a guy who bought a bank building and turned it into the coolest living space I have ever seen. The man threw incredible parties.
The interior was pretty dark. If I recall correctly there were historical ordinance that would have had to be followed. I would have liked to openned the interior to the roof and punch in some skylights. Part of the upper area could be sectioned off to create a loft bedroom.
Here's the interior:
729-peekskill-hollow-road-putnam-valley-interior.jpeg

sold in 2015 for $160K... if you had 200K to throw into it, you could really have something.
Money is what holds me from greatness.

Churches for sale really isn't a new thing.

The interior was pretty dark. If I recall correctly there were historical ordinance that would have had to be followed. I would have liked to openned the interior to the roof and punch in some skylights. Part of the upper area could be sectioned off to create a loft bedroom.
Here's the interior:
729-peekskill-hollow-road-putnam-valley-interior.jpeg

sold in 2015 for $160K... if you had 200K to throw into it, you could really have something.
Money is what holds me from greatness.

Another friend of mine bought an insane house here in the Eastern Townships (Knowlton) for next to nothing on the condition he do a certain amount of work on it each year (he was a professional contractor). It was a giant, 150 year old farmhouse. His life was basically work and work on that house for five years, but at the end it was worth ten times what he's paid for it. He did sink a lot of money into it but he came out WAY ahead.

i remember seeing some old ancient churches in the woods in tennessee ... complete with a cemetery in the back

spooky as shit ...id buy the fuck out of it

I live in the most irreligious city in North America and don't know one single person close to my age that goes to a church. I just did some research and over the last 25 years 20 churches have closed. The population however has grown by 50%. That's just the city. I couldn't find stats for the suburbs.

Apparently some congregations share buildings, which was news to me, but probably makes sense, since the numbers of most non Catholic christian religions is likely quite small. To be honest, I don't even know what they are. Lutheran? Baptist? Or something? No clue who those people are and don't recall ever meeting any.

The catholics are the only ones bucking the trend and actually opening new churches. But this is not because of some spiritual awakening or anything. It is simply that we have a ton of immigrants moving here, and a fair size chunk of then are from the Phillipines. In fact there is a Catholic church just down the street from me and I'd guess most of their congregation is Filipino.

Last edited:
Back