Chuck Oliveira vs. Kevin Lee (March 14, 2020)

Chuck vs. Kevin

• Total voters
Okay fight I guess but, uh, I was pretty damn hyped for Lee/Islam? Lee called him out publicly, what gives?

It really starts to feel like Islam is ducking Kevin Lee, FKL has called him out like a hundred times already, it is. Af that makes a lot of sense for Islam.
I think it is Ali. He knows Lee is a big risk and low reward. Better to wait for a Pewttis type fight with a bigger name and play like you were ducked. Motivated Tri Star FKL is a very dangerous fight for Islam. FKL would be super hard to outwrestle, and in a three rounder, he could easily steal two. Keep in mind, Khabib has nearly 30 fights and never fought a really good wrestler that can throw hands. The best to date was Tibau (we know how that went) or Kamal, and Kamal was only an elite wrestler for England, which is not even like being a high school district champ in PA.

Lmfao. It seems like Islam is ducking any guy ranked higher with him with grappling skills.

giphy.gif

Okay fight I guess but, uh, I was pretty damn hyped for Lee/Islam? Lee called him out publicly, what gives?

Islam has been calling FKL out publicly for even longer.

It seems the UFC doesnt want to make it, or who knows it might even be in the works.

The OP just says that Olivera's camp sees FKL (and others) as potential opponents.

OP could have made a poll of Olivera vs Gaethje or Olivera vs Iaquinta etc.

Back