Chuck Norris's technique

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was a great point fighter in his day but I have always found his kicking game overrated. He doesn't have the explosiveness or power typical of great kickers. His speed is also very average, sometimes even slow.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
That wasn't Chuck.

Sorry man your hero wears all denim and gets choked by Brazilians. It was at a UFAF convention in 1988

Doesnt specifically mention the exact convention but at 1:50 talks about training bjj back in LA

Why would a good instructor not want his students to learn about an art that could defeat theirs? just curious as to why you think it isnt him

Gotta do some homework before you reply sometimes dude

Sorry man your hero wears all denim and gets choked by Brazilians. It was at a UFAF convention in 1988

Doesnt specifically mention the exact convention but at 1:50 talks about training bjj back in LA

Why would a good instructor not want his students to learn about an art that could defeat theirs? just curious as to why you think it isnt him

Gotta do some homework before you reply sometimes dude

Chuck Norris is not my hero. I just made a thread about how overrated he is. That being said, the anecdote he gives is when he was already on the ground rolling around with the Gracies. Pretty harsh critique of Judo, since Chuck was a black belt in Judo, and a student of Gene Lebell, yet felt like a white belt.

Chuck was a horrible sloppy kicker

Chuck Norris is not my hero. I just made a thread about how overrated he is. That being said, the anecdote he gives is when he was already on the ground rolling around with the Gracies. Pretty harsh critique of Judo, since Chuck was a black belt in Judo, and a student of Gene Lebell, yet felt like a white belt.

"chuck is not my hero." - i know this i was being sarcastic the thread is about him being overrated

"The anecdote he gives is when he was already on the ground rolling..." - Thats why i said it was at a UFAF convention then mentioned he DOESN'T SPECIFICALLY MENTION THE CONVENTION IN THE VIDEO. it was used to show he at least had a relationship with the Gracies.

You've just mentioned things iv already brought attention to and fully ignored my one question which is why you thought it was not chuck?

<{hughesimpress}>

Chuck was a horrible sloppy kicker
Chuck is the p4p GOAT human

dude's got another fist underneath his beard, and when he does push ups, he pushes the world down

Chuck Norris is god. End of story. He brought us the most important clothing innovation of the millenium. Who doesnt walk through the city and voila has to axe kick someone.

4768947666_05601a5cd2_o.jpg

I like some of his karate fundamentals, but he is light years away from Bruce Lee in fluidity, kicking prowess and speed, and Bruce Lee is not by any means nr 1 kicker of all time, although he was very talented.

Wow spacetime made a post i agreed with for once.<Huh2>

Yeah chuck was down right awful IMO. his teacher appeared to be incredibly stiff if i remember correctly too so one wonders if that was just a case of poor technique being passed down.

Old Bill Wallace had some good kicks

Chuck Norris is god. End of story. He brought us the most important clothing innovation of the millenium. Who doesnt walk through the city and voila has to axe kick someone.

4768947666_05601a5cd2_o.jpg

REAL TALK.... I do wear stretch jeans.

Back