Media Chuck Mindenhall on why Masvidal should be next for McGregor, Rumble's return, Blaydes vs JDS

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Spoke with Chuck Mindenhall from The Athletic yesterday and here it is. We had a great discussion about the support Conor McGregor received from Irish fans in Vegas, the fight, why Masvidal should be next, and whether Cerrone is a "choker". We also chat about other stuff like Anthony Johnson's potential return and this weekend's main event.

Starts 41 seconds in. It's already timestamped. Any feedback would be welcome.

Why Masvidal should be next?
Because Conor does not deserve a TS at LW.

Yes because beating Masvidal at WW makes him deserving of the LW belt...

Masvidal vs Marty is the fight.

Connor vs GAhjeTh

Masvidal vs Marty is the fight.

Connor vs GAhjeTh
Conor vs Gaethje would be legit and make sense to me from a sporting perspective. That fight would put a stamp on who deserves the next title shot at 155 and that’s what I want to see but it likely won’t happen.

Conor vs Gaethje would be legit and make sense to me from a sporting perspective. That fight would put a stamp on who deserves the next title shot at 155 and that’s what I want to see but it likely won’t happen.
And if it does happen it will be at 170 so Conor can have an inbuilt excuse in case he loses...

I just think the 170lb thing would throw a spanner in the works. I mean, I'm all for fighters not cutting lots of weight, but it's disconcerting that a fight at 170lbs can be a #1 contenders match for a 155lb title.

Back