Chuck Liddell reveals reason for bizarre, incoherent interview in 2007

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Some of the old school fans might remember this.

Back in 2007, Liddell was in Dallas on a promotional tour where he made an appearance on the WFAA “Good Morning Texas” show. Liddell was slurring his speech and barely coherent when answering questions to the point where the show’s host had to shake him awake to see if he could still continue the interview.

The situation got so much publicity that Liddell had to undergo a drug test in the state of Nevada before being sanctioned for his next fight in the UFC.

Now 14 years later, Liddell had the interview brought up to him again, this time by his former boss, UFC President Dana White, who addressed the building of superstars in the promotion and the pitfalls that can often times accompany such fame.

“I’ll take the record for that one,” Liddell said. “Actually that night I didn’t go out. I hadn’t gone out cause I was sick from going out.

“I took Ambien. My buddy gave me Ambien. I was having problems sleeping. I don’t know how they woke me up. They didn’t wake me up mentally, but they got me to that show somehow. I don’t know how.”

If Liddell’s demeanor during the interview wasn’t bad enough, he also added that the foggy haze from the pills he took that night didn’t wear off until after he returned home again … even if he doesn’t remember how he got there.

“For me, I didn’t even remember getting home,” he said. “I was in Texas, I had to fly to San Diego and somebody drove me from San Diego to [San Luis Obispo], and I don’t remember getting home. That’s how bad that was. It was the weirdest.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/4/...vHFp2jsA1sTtg4FAm7kAHhT9T1JqvG84QDM6O7zs42SUs

giphy.gif

“Ambien”

<EdgyBrah>

When you've been partying on a sunday and start to realize the next day that "fuck tomorrow, going to work with a hangover and barely any sleep surely ain't that bad!" was the wrong attitude.

This is not news, he has said the same thing in his book years ago.

Not that I believe him...

And here I thought he blamed it on the Robitussin CTE Cold & Flu

When you've been partying on a sunday and start to realize the next day that "fuck tomorrow, going to work with a hangover and barely any sleep surely ain't that bad!" was the wrong attitude.

I still cringe just to recall those days at work I had to suffer through because I'd been awake for a day or two on some repulsive narcotic.

Back