News Chuck Liddell Arrested for Domestic Violence (UPDATE: With Official Statement)

I've always been this wise...

<Rodgers1>

200.gif

For real...
This is particularly a problem, because since this happens very often, it makes a lot of victims too afraid to tell what happened to them.

"In dubio pro reo" is an incredibly important staple of justice, but especially regarding domestic violence and sexual abuse, the victims aren't taken seriously enough.
We can't accept that it's "fuck you and youe feelings so as long as nothing's proven!" to the victims, especially since the statistics tell us that the vast majority of the investigated accusations turn out to be true.

IIRC, for rape accusations, it's 97:3 when it comes to investigated accusations that turn out to be right versus those that turn out to be wrong.

Sure, put some distance between the parties involved. Take all precautions, you don't want anyone killed. And then start investigating.

Unless it's if it's Jon Jones. Ain't that right, Mr. Moderator?

That's why people should be allowed to say whatever they want in my opinion. Censorship always has biased and someone always feels like they are getting screwed.

The mods do a good job because they enforce the rules they are told to, to the best of their ability but anytime you have to delete peoples post or potentially card someone it wont be looked at as fair to someone.

Anyways hope this wasnt a big issue and was maybe just a bad argument.

I remember the videos of them working out naked together and they seemed so happy

People are awful people.
Of course!
I just find it to important to point out what i said.
Like i mentioned in another post, "innocent until proven guilty" is a mega important thing and i'm for it, people should just be aware that when it comes to domestic violence and sexual abuse, it isn't "sometimes women who're full of shit and sometimes men who're full of shit" but actually a tiny percentage of women being full of shit versus a much, much greater percentage of men who're really bad people, when it comes to the accuracy of these accusations.

Last edited:
I know it says she didnt go to the hospital, but I hope his wife's alright. Hate to keep hearing about stuff like this.

That's depressing. Chuck and his wife always seemed really happy together.

Remember guys, innocent until proven guilty. Keep the flaming mild please.

Chuck got me into the sport is one of if not my favourite fighter of all time, but seeing the stuff he’s done since fighting, his YouTube stuff with Steve O etc, he’s just not built for that. To make a clown of himself. Hope he figures this out early and doesn’t spiral out of control. I think he will. Everytime I heard him talk he always seemed level headed and “present”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back