Chuck doing cleans

Why? You think wearing a pair of sneakers will save your foot from 225 crashing down? No.

I life bear foot. I'd suggest someone use shoes for Oly lifting with the jumping and impact, but unless you think you're going to slip, barefoot is fine.

I get more grip with my sweaty feet than in shoes.

17104.jpg

Bacon is not from NE. He's just down with using wicked from time to time.

I'm flying up to visit my grandfather tomorrow. He lives in MA, so I'll be reverting back to my MA accent. *is wicked excited*

I'm flying up to visit my grandfather tomorrow. He lives in MA, so I'll be reverting back to my MA accent. *is wicked excited*

That's our word damn it. You don't see Bostonians throwing around "hella".

You should probably throw a "pissa" in there too. None of that "Go Sox" shenanigans though (it's something of a personal vendetta, I used to live off the Green line).

That was wicked pissa.

*pahks cah and takes a drink from the bubblah*

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGESkE-GzUE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGESkE-GzUE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thats interesting that after he racks the clean he widens his grip for the jerk.

I too would like to step up to hate on this video.

In the first pad session, his hands are way low. I don't think anyone was surprised from the last Rampage fight, but you'd think he'd learn from prior mistakes and his trainers would stop letting things like this slide.

I feel Chuck is surrounded by a lot of people who are afraid to criticize him because he was on top for so long. Every top tier athlete can run into this and it's a shame.

The weight was 150~. No way in hell that was 225. The form was what I'd expect from high school football players. Pulling with the arms in the cleans with no FS racking, no explosion, and a round back on the way down in the HPs. That strength coach is not doing his job letting that form slide, much less showing people a video of it.

The neck harness super-setting wasn't the worst idea in the world, but I'd like to make everyone notice that the last set wasn't a neck-targeting lift. It was an incline crunch. His neck wasn't even moving.

The knees looked good. He is very strong in the clinch and I've enjoyed a lot of the tutorials floating around the internet by Chuck in the clinch. 30 seconds of knees and clinch wrestling is not impressive for a top-level athlete though. I can do that.

Isolating the back and biceps, my ass.

In the end, Chuck is one of those guys who is a great example of someone who has succeeded IN SPITE of his training, rather than because of it.

i have this a conversation almost everytime mma is ever brought up, even with people who "know alot" about mma. which is to say that they watch and follow it. im by no means an expert or even well educated, but the ignorance in mma circles is astounding.

i have this a conversation almost everytime mma is ever brought up, even with people who "know alot" about mma. which is to say that they watch and follow it. im by no means an expert or even well educated, but the ignorance in mma circles is astounding.

It's not limited to mma.

The biggest factor is that it doesn't take much to call yourself a "trainer". As a result, there are a shitload of d-bags out there pretending to know what they're doing. Seems like the good ones are few and far between.

You gonna drink outta tha bubbla? Perhaps eat some lobstah?

Just noticed, that is NOT 225lbs. Those are Ivanko plates. He's doing about 133 pounds or so.

i was about to say

and i thought i was pretty badass with my 205 lbs cleans

even though i can get about 3 reps before i feel like blackin out

The biggest factor is that it doesn't take much to call yourself a "trainer". As a result, there are a shitload of d-bags out there pretending to know what they're doing. Seems like the good ones are few and far between.

You ever watched the show called "Work Out" on Bravo? Pretty good extended ****phor for the whole "trainer" bullshit going on now a days.

Ya you better beep out those nasty literary words

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGESkE-GzUE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>This video is pretty old (5+ years)

I dont know who that "Olympic lifting coach" was lol but he isn't around anymore (thank god wow)

the oly lifter in the ivd is saavage

no doubt, my guess is it has to do with the target demographic but i think that mma may have some of the dumber fans in the world of sports.

I don't think they're any worse for MMA than other sports. I'm pretty sure that at least 70% of the average sports-fan base doesn't know anymore about the sport than what they hear from commentators and other fans, and never delve deeper beyond the teams/fighters they support.

Back