Chuck doing cleans

Just noticed, that is NOT 225lbs. Those are Ivanko plates. He's doing about 133 pounds or so.

I have the full ivanko set bumper set, the outer one is a 15kg bumper, but i think the inner ones are ****l.

Is it just me or does his trainer resemble a steroid using Steve-O?

Arch silliness.

How do these trainers get away with it? I've gotten a better lifting education from youtube than that guy has given Chuck.

It makes me nervous to watch him lifting weights barefoot.

his form needs work, hes reverse curling it. his jab sucks too

That's how I used to catch cleans. Operative word here is USED to.

whot he hell said his clean was good? that was one of the ugliest cleans i have ever seen. he didnt pull with his traps or explode with his legs. there was no catch, his elbows were vertical.

You guys didn't listen.
These were bicepsiolating cleans :D

Odin bless graedy and his compound words.

can you guys post a vid of a clean with good form? im really starting to get into them and i'd like to know what good form is.

You guys didn't listen.

Has any one else noticed that there seems to be a close correlation between trainers/gym rats that don't know jack (at least about getting strong) and an obsession with what muscles are "isolated"?

Odin bless graedy and his compound words.

SAy it loud: "Wasserschifffahrtsgesellschaft"

Or how about saying: "Mein Name is Bort und ich esse gerne Brot." in the beginning of your next vid. That would be funny

I just had visions of Colonel Klink dancing through mein head.

It makes me nervous to watch him lifting weights barefoot.

Why? You think wearing a pair of sneakers will save your foot from 225 crashing down? No.

I life bear foot. I'd suggest someone use shoes for Oly lifting with the jumping and impact, but unless you think you're going to slip, barefoot is fine.

I get more grip with my sweaty feet than in shoes.

You guys didn't listen.

Yeah...I didnt get that. I do agree that I think he needs a better trainer(s). OH well.

Shoes come in handy for finding your toes after they've been severed by plates dropped from head level. If you do that barefooted, it could take forever to locate you toes. Especially the little one. That thing is wicked small and it tends to travel pertty far.

can you guys post a vid of a clean with good form? im really starting to get into them and i'd like to know what good form is.

I'm assuming you mean the power clean, which is a variation of the clean and what chuck was performing here. There are a few solid power clean vids on youtube, but lots and lots of ugly ones too (even "instructional videos" I've seen with terrible form)

This one's pretty good (plus she's hot)...notice how her back angle stays the same until the bar gets past her knees...only then does she explosively push her hips through to drive the bar up. Also, her arms remain completely straight until she's completed the triple extension, and notice how she rack the bar on her shoulders with her elbows high, in contrast to how chuck racked it.

With heavier loads you won't get as much (if any) "airtime" from the jump at the end as she does in the vid, but you should still be "jumping the weight up" even if your feet don't leave the ground. Most people will slightly widen their stance on the catch as well, but she doesn't in the vid.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TlbDQUWs0s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TlbDQUWs0s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and here's what it would look like with a serious load: (power clean is around 15 seconds in)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGESkE-GzUE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fGESkE-GzUE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Shoes come in handy for finding your toes after they've been severed by plates dropped from head level. If you do that barefooted, it could take forever to locate you toes. Especially the little one. That thing is wicked small and it tends to travel pertty far.

That's why you use bumper plates, so they don't actually sever :)

Off topic: bacon - New England native?

Back