Chromebook Trouble On Sherdog... Anyone Else?

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
Whenever I surf the Sherdog forums on my Chromebook I get continual "page not found" and "guru meditation" errors. This never happens when I access Sherdog through my laptop - even though I am running a Chrome browser on that device. (I also do not have the same trouble with the CB on any site other than this one.)

I'm completely befuddled. Anyone else either having this problem or know what the fix is? Thanks!

I have this problem on mobile sometimes. I fix it by logging out n in, but the problem always returns after a week or so.

Lol I immediately got a guru meditation error after finishing that post.

Just clear your browser history/cache and that should fix the problem, but like someone else said it will be a problem again. Just rinse and repeat.

Just clear your browser history/cache and that should fix the problem, but like someone else said it will be a problem again. Just rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the tip. But why do you think it's happening to the CB, specifically? Why do I not see the same issue using the identical browser on my LT? And why do I only have trouble with the CB when interfacing with this particular website? Any insights would be great. Thanks again.

I've never used the Chrome OS, so I have few answers for you but I would suggest clearing cookies like mentioned above and perhaps see if your current Chrome browser is in need of an update.

I have a chromebook at work that I can nab for a few and I'll see if it has issues as well and see if I can get you a better resolution to this.

If not, perhaps Firefox could be an option?

Not that we want you to have to change, but just in case I am unable to get you a better option.

I've never used the Chrome OS, so I have few answers for you but I would suggest clearing cookies like mentioned above and perhaps see if your current Chrome browser is in need of an update.

I have a chromebook at work that I can nab for a few and I'll see if it has issues as well and see if I can get you a better resolution to this.

Not that we want you to have to change, but just in case I am unable to get you a better option.

Hey Tach - can you check your pm's please - cheers!

Dammit EOW, if I've told you once I've told you 1000 times, less than 2 inches is considered an innie and a manscaped pic does not add an inch, I don't care what you read.

The little goatee was a nice touch tho, kudos to your mercan manicurist

You can only use chrome on chromeos unless you dual boot
I have a Samsung 550 and don't have those issues.

You can only use chrome on chromeos unless you dual boot
I have a Samsung 550 and don't have those issues.

If you are gonna dual boot, I'd personally go Ubuntu and win7.

I don't see the appeal of a chromebook with other windows laptops at the same price point.
We have 1 for charting at work, but I never used it or even tried it out.

Am I missing anything?

If you are gonna dual boot, I'd personally go Ubuntu and win7.

I don't see the appeal of a chromebook with other windows laptops at the same price point.
We have 1 for charting at work, but I never used it or even tried it out.

Am I missing anything?

Size and price is why I got mine. I was looking to replace a 8.9" netbook that I only used to browse the net with. I have no need for a full fledged laptop. Even the windows laptops in that price range at least have a 13" screen vs 11.6" on the Chromebook, I mispoke earlier and I have the Series 3.
I bought a transformer with the keyboard and hated it. At no point have I been using my Chromebook and thought it would be nice to have a full fledged laptop. If this one quit I'd buy another one.

Dammit EOW, if I've told you once I've told you 1000 times, less than 2 inches is considered an innie and a manscaped pic does not add an inch, I don't care what you read.

The little goatee was a nice touch tho, kudos to your mercan manicurist

Ban for revealing PM's

Back