Christodoulou is the worst fighter in the ufc since...

I did laugh at his Homer Simpson/Fabio Maldonado type qualities.

There was never enough rounds for him to keep it on the feet for long enough to tire him out and push him over FTW though.

Probably because people who don't watch enough MMA often forget how severe the skill drop off is once you get past the top 20 in a division. By the time you hit 30, 40 or 50 you're looking at a LOT of fighters that are one dimensional or "well rounded" but sub-par in individual areas.

Seriously, look at the fighters ranked 50-100 and you'll see a LOT of guys that are basically amateurs with less skills than the top ranked women. Even at 25-50 there's more than a few that I wouldn't consider straight up favorites against similarly weighted top 5 women.

Depends on the division. This really isn't true at all in a lot of cases.

Looking at Fight Matrix rankings... LW has guys like Magomed Mustafaev and Danny Castillo (who was very competitive against current Top 10 Tony Ferguson not very long ago) in that 50 - 60 range. If you go all the way to 90 - 100 you still have guys as good as Yancy Medeiros listed.

At FW you've got Andre Fili way down at 95. At BW there's Joe Soto all the way at 73.

These guys are a hell of a lot better than what you'd see in the WBW division. Anthony Christodolouou is far from the standard for guys outside of the Top 20.

Dozens of guys this bad? GTFOH

Not in modern UFC at least. Very, very few fighters have looked that bad in the UFC in recent memory. Ruan Potts, Oli Thompson, Peggy Morgan and Alexis Dufresne are the only ones that come to mind for me where they didn't looked skilled at a single part of MMA. Christodooloo is in the same boat

You gotta do research before you say stuff like this. He is a very good bjj brown belt and is power trains pretty well. Doesn't seem very skilled at wrestling or striking though... not even close to the worst ever imo

Cum Punk, Shanya Baszler, random fatty HWs, Pay Welsh or something.

Last edited:
Dozens of guys this bad? GTFOH

Not in modern UFC at least. Very, very few fighters have looked that bad in the UFC in recent memory. Ruan Potts, Oli Thompson, Peggy Morgan and Alexis Dufresne are the only ones that come to mind for me where they didn't looked skilled at a single part of MMA. Christodooloo is in the same boat

Oh, he's abysmal, I'm not denying that.

You mentioned Potts, Thompson and the birds, all terrible. I agree.

What about: Jake Lindsey, Shane Howell, Jumabieke Tuerxun, Tiequan Zhang, any other Chinese TUF contestant apart from Lipeng who at LEAST won a fight. If I went back through the recent cuts from the UFC since say, 2014, I bet I could find dozens of equally dreadful dudes who went 0-2 and got completely embarrassed in both losses.

Back