Christian Lee lost. Dang.

Oh, don't be a dickhead all your life.

This is all I read, then determined that you must finger yourself all day fantasizing how knowledgeable you are about the inner machinations of one fc, evolve, blah f'n blah. Like I give a shit. I used the word evolve to mean just that, not the gym. I don't care that much to know the politics or conflict of interests. 95% dedicated to watching ufc... one fc is only for the Lee siblings as they are Korean and best asian fighters out there.

didnt even know he fought this weekend. no one else i really cared about was on the card.

anyway, he's 18. this probably won't affect him all that much. kids got like a decade before he's primed

Not feeding the troll...

Those guys are Hawaiian? Or Korean? Or Singaporean? I guess that depends on where the card is held at.

Not feeding the troll...

Those guys are Hawaiian? Or Korean? Or Singaporean? I guess that depends on where the card is held at.

Born in Canada, raised in USA, Mother Korean. Uses Singaporean flag in One FC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Born in Canada, raised in USA, Mother Korean. Uses Singaporean flag in One FC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I think the dad is from Singapore, maybe? Confusing as hell. That's international families for you, I guess.

united-mma-angela-lee.jpg

g2_6.jpg

154667_499856126715780_190229974_n.jpg

FUCK THIS:

NP_20160401_SHMMA01_1216403.jpg

I think the dad is from Singapore, maybe? Confusing as hell. That's international families for you, I guess.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/teen-mma-sensation-angela/2063944.html

Lee’s own heritage, however, has been a bone of contention for online detractors, with some calling her out as more American than Asian.

One Championship labels her “Singaporean” in its promotional materials. Lee, who was born in Vancouver and raised in Hawaii, brands herself “Singaporean” and “Korean” on her Instagram account.

“I don’t like to categorise myself with one thing, because I’m not just that. It’s all a part of who I am,” she explained. “But my grandparents live with us all the time and my dad’s Singaporean, so we’ve always had an interest in Singapore, especially in its cooking and culture.”

“I want to fight and represent who I am and where I’m from, so Singapore, mostly, because I’m closer to my dad’s side,” said Lee, adding that her family has been “coming back” to Singapore every year since she was a baby.

“Hopefully if I can go past the boundary of people categorising me by nationalities, I can gain more popularity here in Singapore,” she said.

You're either American or you aren't American. This isn't Bruce fucking Jenner... what the fuck does categorising by nationalities even mean?? It's why people have passports...what a farce... she isn't American when it makes her more money? GTFO

If Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt were paid 5 billion dollars to compete for China at the next Olympics, does that make them Chinese??? WTF
pN_xqmH7.jpg

Last edited:
seconded. What did they do?

What exactly makes Evolve gym cheaters? Genuinely asking, I don't know

It's so retarded at this point. Long story short, the gym's owner also owns One FC and has pretty much 100% control over match making.

Imagine if Dan Gilbert (who owns the Cavs) also owned and financed the whole of the NBA at the same time, made sure the Cavs had Kobe, Carmelo, Bosh (and fucking brought back Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Shaq) and put them all on the same team and played against teams with shit tier high school ball players. And then declared themselves the best team in the NBA.

But here's a famous example:

Remember Askren's last scheduled fight? How his opponent failed to make weight? Jason Chambers (who used to announce for them) wrote a tell all article:

http://www.manlymenstuff.com/ben-askren-vs-luis-santos-the-full-story-revealed/

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/former...reveals-his-frustrations-at-one-championship/

Cliffs:
- In their first fight, Sapo kicks Askren's ass before getting DQ'd for allegedly poking Askren in the eye
- One FC tells Sapo to prepare for a rematch with Askren twice and postpones the fight date both times
- All this while, Askren is never told about the 2 postponements; in fact, One FC's CEO tells Askren that Sapo turned down the fights
- Askren is never told to prepare for any fight
- Sapo (Askren's opponent) spends all his money on the two camps and is piss broke by the time they actually have a 3rd fight date
- Sapo calls One FC's CEO, who tells him to relax; CEO never gets back to him
- Keep in mind that Askren's financier cum PR team (Evolve) actually owns the damn promotion
- One FC flies Sapo from Brazil to Singapore (25 hr flight) and rushes him immediately to do media; Sapo has less than 24 hrs to cut and misses weight by 2lbs
- No fight in UFC history has ever been canceled due to a fighter weigh in only 2 lbs over
- One FC's CEO bashes Sapo on twitter on fight day and says he's scared to fight Askren; later they tweet out that Sapo refused to weigh in on fight day which Sapo never agreed to in the first place and at this point is dangerously dehydrated from the first cut
- In the UFC, fighters are not allowed to weigh in on the same day
- Fight gets called off
- Instead of punishing Sapo for ruining the main event, they book him on another card 3 months later

Why does a fighter like Ben Askren fly across the damn planet to fight in some bush league, no name organisation like One FC when the competition and recognition everywhere else is exponentially better and higher? You tell me.

Last edited:
^
Danm! Thanks for sharing I did not know One was operating like this. Dissappointing to hear!

Why does a fighter like Ben Askren fly across the damn planet to fight in some bush league, no name organisation like One FC when the competition and recognition everywhere else is exponentially better and higher? You tell me.

They pay him more than Bellator and the UFC.

Lee’s own heritage, however, has been a bone of contention for online detractors, with some calling her out as more American than Asian.

One Championship labels her “Singaporean” in its promotional materials. Lee, who was born in Vancouver and raised in Hawaii, brands herself “Singaporean” and “Korean” on her Instagram account.

“I don’t like to categorise myself with one thing, because I’m not just that. It’s all a part of who I am,” she explained. “But my grandparents live with us all the time and my dad’s Singaporean, so we’ve always had an interest in Singapore, especially in its cooking and culture.”

“I want to fight and represent who I am and where I’m from, so Singapore, mostly, because I’m closer to my dad’s side,” said Lee, adding that her family has been “coming back” to Singapore every year since she was a baby.

“Hopefully if I can go past the boundary of people categorising me by nationalities, I can gain more popularity here in Singapore,” she said.

You're either American or you aren't American. This isn't Bruce fucking Jenner... what the fuck does categorising by nationalities even mean?? It's why people have passports...what a farce... she isn't American when it makes her more money? GTFO

If Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt were paid 5 billion dollars to compete for China at the next Olympics, does that make them Chinese??? WTF
pN_xqmH7.jpg

Just curious, what is your opinion on Cain Velasquez then? Is he Mexican or American?

Just curious, what is your opinion on Cain Velasquez then? Is he Mexican or American?

Good question. TBH, I'm not very familiar with US immigration laws. Was he born in the US or Mexico? Is he a legal migrant in the US? As long as he's holding a US passport or green card or whatever, he's an American citizen of Hispanic ethnicity.

Angela's situation is different. She's clearly a US citizen and lives in Hawaii. She speaks with a Hawaiian accent. Her dad lived in Singapore a long long time ago but ended up marrying a Korean. She's just claiming that because she allegedly visits Singapore annually (which let's be honest is 100% unverifiable), she's somehow Singaporean. That claim is false. In fact, IIRC when she first debuted with One FC (under the United MMA banner), she was announced as hailing from America/Hawaii.

It's not an issue of confused identity; she simply used to wave one country's flag but now she's waving another for financial gain. The worst part is, ask any Singaporean and they'll tell you she isn't one. In any case, why claim to be Singaporean? Why not South Korea? Because the events are held in Singapore. It's unpatriotic, deceitful behaviour really.

Last edited:
Angela's situation is different. She's clearly a US citizen and lives in Hawaii. She speaks with a Hawaiian accent. Her dad lived in Singapore a long long time ago but ended up marrying a Korean. She's just claiming that because she allegedly visits Singapore annually (which let's be honest is 100% unverifiable), she's somehow Singaporean. That claim is false. In fact, IIRC when she first debuted with One FC (under the United MMA banner), she was announced as hailing from America/Hawaii.

Cain was born in America, is a US citizen. I don't speak Spanish, but from what I heard he speaks it with an American accent. Do you have a problem with Cain representing his Mexican heritage?

Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely want to know your reasoning

Last edited:
It's so retarded at this point. Long story short, the gym's owner also owns One FC and has pretty much 100% control over match making.

Imagine if Dan Gilbert (who owns the Cavs) also owned and financed the whole of the NBA at the same time, made sure the Cavs had Kobe, Carmelo, Bosh (and fucking brought back Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Shaq) and put them all on the same team and played against teams with shit tier high school ball players. And then declared themselves the best team in the NBA.

Remember Askren's last scheduled fight? How his opponent failed to make weight? Jason Chambers (who used to announce for them) wrote a tell all article:

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/former...reveals-his-frustrations-at-one-championship/

Cliffs:
- In their first fight, Sapo kicks Askren's ass before getting DQ'd for allegedly poking Askren in the eye
- One FC tells Sapo to prepare for a rematch with Askren twice and postpones the fight date both times
- All this while, Askren is never told about the 2 postponements; in fact, One FC's CEO tells Askren that Sapo turned down the fights
- Sapo (Askren's opponent) spends all his money on the two camps and is piss broke by the time they actually have a 3rd fight date
- Keep in mind that Askren's financier cum PR team (Evolve) actually owns the damn promotion
- One FC flies Sapo from Brazil to Singapore (25 hr flight) and rushes him immediately to do media; Sapo has less than 24 hrs to cut and misses weight by 2lbs
- No fight in UFC history has ever been canceled due to a fighter weigh in only 2 lbs over
- One FC's CEO bashes Sapo on twitter on fight day and says he's scared to fight Askren; later they tweet out that Sapo refused to weigh in on fight day which Sapo never agreed to in the first place and at this point is dangerously dehydrated from the first cut
- Fight gets called off
- Instead of punishing Sapo for ruining the main event, they book him on another card 3 months later

Ok so how much time notice did Sapo have before the fight?

Cliffs:
- Fight gets called off

Thank you so much for the write up. I am a casual One FC follower.. Love their events but don't know much about what goes on behind the scenes. I watch all their shows but yeah. This is fascinating, and crazy. Gonna take this promotion with a grain of salt now...

Back