Chris Weidman will KO Silva again @ 168.

I think Weidman will focus more on getting Anderson to ground. I'd say he gets a tko in round 3 after wearing out silva.

chris should take it to the ground (without going to leglocks) and just gnp and maybe go for an armtriangle, but dont lose position like the first fight

I will watch this fight at Hooters or B Dubs and bet any Weidman fan there 300 dollars that Anderson will win by finish.

I know that's not an impressive amount of mula but def carries more weight than a thread.

There is always a chance for someone to win a fight... But the one thing I can say for sure is the Anderson we saw in the first fight will NOT be the same one we see in the rematch.

Had a vivid dream that Weidman began to get cocky standing and began doing what Silva does. Silva threw a head kick that landed but Weidman caught it, brought him down but let Silva stand up and waved him in. I began to yell "WTF are you doing!!!"

Weidman then faked a left hook to which Silva ducked and Weidman threw a vicious uppercut that landed square on the jaw and Silva's head snapped back and was out cold.

You heard it here folks. Bet the house on Weidman KO 1st round.:wink:

I think way too many people underestimate the fact that Weidman is far more cautious and competent than Silva's previous opponents. He has that balance between aggression and foolhardiness. He is going to pick his shots, keep it technical and crisp and score some takedowns, where he is going to score his damage. I think that Silva relies WAY too much on counter-striking opportunities, which Weidman will not give him. He is going to be afraid of the takedown, so Weidman is going to be a lot more capable of shifting levels and dictating the pace.

I think at 39, we all need to recognize Anderson is old. Sorry, the dude destroyed the world for years, but Weidman is a super technical, young beast. Changing of the guard. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a real long time before someone surpasses Silva's mark of 10 defenses.

I think he snags a tepid decision win this time.

Weidman by submission imo

Weidman by complete humiliation.

Chris has a huge chance to win the rematch, but if it stays on the feet he will lose and lose badly - He's not a striker.

Wrong. He is the superior striker.

Back