Chris Weidman Was Not 100-Percent When He Defeated Anderson Silva at UFC 162

I thought that was pretty obvious, he did look sluggish. I remember there was one point when he haphazardly shot in for a takedown and Silva just shrugged it off easily.

Chris clarified those lackluster takedown attempts in the press conference as him just trying to keep Anderson guessing as to what was coming next. The only shot that he did where he intended to take him down was presumably his first one, by the time the other ones came he was confident enough with his striking to keep it on the feet.

i don't think any fighter is 100% come fight time. their training camps are predicated on abusing their bodies either through sparring, rolling, drills, etc. injuries pile up and are worked through, it's just part of the game

So fucking what, it wasn't even Andy's final form.

Chris clarified those lackluster takedown attempts in the press conference as him just trying to keep Anderson guessing as to what was coming next. The only shot that he did where he intended to take him down was presumably his first one, by the time the other ones came he was confident enough with his striking to keep it on the feet.

Oh I see. Still, I don't see how that accomplishes what he wanted it to. If I'm Anderson and I shrug off a few lackluster takedown attempts, that's only going to give me confidence.

The reality is that guys doing training camps are working so hard for so long that they are rarely 100%. Most guys come in with a couple nagging injuries of some sort and they're just working through the pain.

He never used percentages like Jones did a couple weeks ago.
I remember he said he wad injured in the first Sonnen bout,which other times did he make excuses?

I really hope you don't believe he mentioned the percentage because of Jon. Here's the interview:

"It was good that you mentioned this because I was really hurt," Silva told the media. "Nobody mentioned this yet, but that

There should be a rule that restrain fighters from coming at over 100%.

So fucking what, it wasn't even Andy's final form.

sailor+moon+transformation+gif+1.gif

I think Silva was watching this scene from the Matrix before his fight with Wiedman. Explains a lot

[YT]watch?v=WvzgRhBYgho[/YT]

But now he's training with Yoda, so he should be better prepared this time around.

Last edited:
Oh I see. Still, I don't see how that accomplishes what he wanted it to. If I'm Anderson and I shrug off a few lackluster takedown attempts, that's only going to give me confidence.

It's pretty self-explanatory really and perhaps a reason as to why Anderson wasn't really that committed to a striking battle was because the Chris's wrestling threat was so prevalent and he didn't want to be taken down again, even if he did stuff a couple of Chris's half-hearted shots.

Tale of the Tape needs to be updated...

Weidman
Weight: 186 lbs
Percentage: 80%

Silva
Weight: 186 lbs
Percentage: 85%

:D

186 for a title fight? That shit don't fly

I really hope you don't believe he mentioned the percentage because of Jon. Here's the interview:

As you can see Jon was completely out of the context. Anderson wasn't joking about it, he really meant that. Sad but true.

Ahahah you got trolled homie.It's not joking,it's called TROLLING.

What did you expect,"I was just like Jones,I was fighting at 85% just like Jon fought at 70% against Gustafsson"?

Jones said that 70% BS and some days later Anderson said this...hard to not find any relationship.

Hope the Freezer quote isn't gonna come after every fight from now...

Anderson was fucking around and got caught, let's wait till the rematch then we will see what's it really is.

Correction.

Anderson was trying to dodge the KO punch (like he dodged punches by guys like Forrest and Bonnar)

Weidman has KO power and actually landed. Forrest and Bonnar do not have KO power.

Correction.

Anderson was trying to dodge the KO punch (like he dodged punches by guys like Forrest and Bonnar)

Weidman has KO power and actually landed. Forrest and Bonnar do not have KO power.

It's so fun to go in circles for months on sherdog.

Every single person always brings up Forrest or Bonnar. Why not mention Hendo or Belfort? Anderson underestimated Weidman's striking ability and he paid the price. If you think Anderson is going to want to get embarrassed like that again you'll be in for a surprise come December.

It wasn't even their final forms.

Weidman is making excuses for not KO'ing Anderson in the 1st round.

Fuck Weidman and his excuses, he should man up to his performances.

Ahahah you got trolled homie.It's not joking,it's called TROLLING.
What did you expect,"I was just like Jones,I was fighting at 85% just like Jon fought at 70% against Gustafsson"?

Jones said that 70% BS and some days later Anderson said this...hard to not find any relationship.

Hope the Freezer quote isn't gonna come after every fight from now...

I know plenty about trolls and nope.

When Anderson said he didn't want to fight Jones because he didn't want to get beaten up, his fans claimed he was just trolling, yet Anderson never really seeked to have fight.

When he subbed Sonnen in their first match, his fans claimed he was just letting Sonnen beat him up until the last round, in other words, he was trolling Sonnen all along (as stupid as it sounds) :icon_lol:

When he was avoiding Weidman, what did you kids say about it?

Anderson Silva has you fooled.

But the fact was that he really avoided Weidman (confirmed by his management) until he had no other option but to take the fight.

Truth is you kids have embraced the troll excuse to justify everything Silva says or does. It doesn't matter if he ducks, get's beaten up or makes excuses, because he's just trolling. The perfect way out for any delusional fanboy.

The comment Jones made was in a completely different context. You don't even know if Silva get's to watch every interview Jones does, you're basicly just guessing and trying to make it look less worse than it is.

At the end of the day Anderson's past behavior speaks louder than anything else: he has made plenty of excuses in the past, and he's doing it again. That's all we need to know.

You're not fooling anyone here, i'm sorry. I hope we're done with this.

Cheers.

Back