News Chris Weidman vs. Dominick Reyes Official Main Event For UFC Boston

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I’d pick Weidman if his chin could hold up at LHW. I know you shercock motherfuckas like to hate on the Long Island legend but he was arguably winning those fights before he lost. And even if you argue against that, it’s not like he’s looked terrible in those losses either. He’s just regressed to where he can’t have that come forward plodding style anymore because of USADA BLESS. UFC is booking this because Jones wants another fight in December but there’s no clear cut contenders at LHW to really get us excited. Everyone is either a dub or two away or just not ready yet.

They tried to gas up dom a bit after the Bones vs santos so people could believe in him as a contender but that potential fight would be solidified if he got a win over former champ Chris Weidman who they’d also gas up like they did with Luke. Dom still hasn’t put it all together yet. Put on a stinker vs OSP and lost to Volkan imo. Worst of all he didn’t improve between those two fights. If he can’t impose his come forward style landing barrage of punches then he just coasts doing nothing looking lost. Ala his last two fights. Weidman rehydrates at LHW and being the more savy vet with a similar style to Dom will just do it better imo. So like the big dawg says BALEE DAT

I don’t think Reyes is good

But he’s good enough to send Chris to the shadow realm

Stupid match up

Teh Chris will get injured before that fight happens, lol

Teh Chris will get injured before that fight happens, lol

Soooo obvious they are sending Reyes in there to serve the Weidman his pink slip.. Same shit, different pile as Rockhold. Dana is going to recommend Chris retire too. I like Chris but I just don't see him winning.

let's see how the chris looks at 205

Jumping right in there with the top of the heap.

His horrible career management will be his undoing.
eh, I don't mind it much. his career already got derailed, and he is already getting old, better get those top fights before he retires

Still mad, 6 years later. Get over it bud. No matter what happens to Weidman from here on out, he will forever have two destructive victories over your boy.

How sad is it that you think about me before opening threads? Lol
"2 destructive victories"

glad I'm not retarded

YES!! Reyes definitely didn't deserve a title shot after that showing against Oezdemir.

Bad fight for The Chris, but he's still my boy!
The Chris will now and forever,be my boy. #andstill

Fluke wins? Silva wasn't winning either one of those matches. Let it go man
Silva was dancing around playing in the first fight, thats fact.

The second fight Weidman got owned from the bottom, repeat owned from the bottom, how do you get owned from the bottom? After the first round in the second fight Weidman's face was busted up and he was disoriented, then Silva breaks his leg.

Weidman got overrated as hell from two fluke wins. You Weidman fans are too impressed with two fluke wins.

If Teh Chris loses, i'm blaming his dad.

#stillMyBoi

Very interesting, but don't know who will win.

The second fight Weidman got owned from the bottom, repeat owned from the bottom, how do you get owned from the bottom? After the first round in the second fight Weidman's face was busted up and he was disoriented, then Silva breaks his leg.

Weidman got overrated as hell from two fluke wins. You Weidman fans are too impressed with two fluke wins.
I've never been a Weidman fan and I was looking for him to lose ever since he fought Munoz. We can agree on the fact that Silva was dancing around but that was a common thing for him to do and he was trying to bait Weidman. That time he ended up paying for it. In the second fight it was Weidman who broke Silva's leg not Silva. Blocking kicks was clearly part of his strategy and it worked. I actually used to be a big fan on Silva - still am somewhat - but I can still call those fight for what they were

I hope you guys are ready for the Weidman looking huge thread

So a guy who relied on his size and strength at 185 vs. a natural 205er who is faster, more powerful, much more athletic, and has more range.

Yeah, gonna go with Reyes. He's only being underrated now because of his fight with Volkan, who is also underrated.

WAR ANY OPPONENTS!! WAR REYES!!

This is all they got, they need to tell some stories, huh... All that Weidman have today is 4 wins against older Brazilians way past their primes. WOW!! That is really something, huh?

Like... NOT.

To a person who said a ton of shit, who said he would break all of Anderson's records and blah blah blah, being remembered ONLY because of those - and I'll go further, maybe he is more remembered of the 1-5, suffering 4 KTFOs and winning 1 against a... midget lol - is kinda sad... but this is all that Weidman's fans have to say. So....

The most overrated MW absolutely fits, he was a nobody then and he keeps being a nobody now. You are right.

Last edited:
Back