Chris Weidman throwing shots at Yoel Romero

So his spirit was broken going into the third when it was 1-1 on the scorecards.

Yes, Einstein.
Yeah, he had been tossed around, hurt to the body and then controlled on the ground. It may have been 1-1 on the cards, but Yoel had the upper hand after the 2nd, the momentum was clearly with him, and just looking at Weidman in his corner and before the 3rd started, it looked like he knew it.

Yeah, he had been tossed around, hurt to the body and then controlled on the ground. It may have been 1-1 on the cards, but Yoel had the upper hand after the 2nd, the momentum was clearly with him, and just looking at Weidman in his corner and before the 3rd started, it looked like he knew it.

Tossed around? Maybe you should watch that fight again. Yes, the round ended with Romero on top of Weidman, before that Romero held him up against the cage for nearly two minutes.
Here you go. Did Romero really toss him around except for the last takedown with 30 seconds left of the second round?

It's funny how people just make shit up.

Just read the Hendricks thread, now this. You guys sure are hard on those that bleed for your entertainment. I like Chris, wish him the best.

Tossed around? Maybe you should watch that fight again. Yes, the round ended with Romero on top of Weidman, before that Romero held him up against the cage for nearly two minutes.
Here you go. Did Romero really toss him around except for the last takedown with 30 seconds left of the second round?

It's funny how people just make shit up.

You think anyone has ever manhandled The Chris like this?

RigidHiddenAss-size_restricted.gif

And thanks for posting it. Now watch the video in between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Chris looks tired and lost, breathing heavy and not confident at all.

Just read the Hendricks thread, now this. You guys sure are hard on those that bleed for your entertainment. I like Chris, wish him the best.
You think these fighters bleed for our entertainment? They bleed for a paycheck.

And thanks for posting it. Now watch the video in between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Chris looks tired and lost, breathing heavy and not confident at all.

Two takedowns, one where he got right back up and the other with 30 seconds left and Romero controlled him. Of course a wrestler of Romero's caliber is able to control Weidman, what the hell did you expect?

Yea, I have seen it and you're exaggerating the whole thing just like you did in your previous post.

He’s always like that

Even against Silva in both fights

He looked gassed

Doesn't fail drug test ... but is smaller and 1-3 with his only win being against a blown up WW after being unbeatable pre USADA.

So yea ... he doesn't fail drug test ... but Post USADA Weidman is not the same as pre USADA Weidman.

Slower, weaker and no longer has KO power.

Two takedowns, one where he got right back up and the other with 30 seconds left and Romero controlled him. Of course a wrestler of Romero's caliber is able to control Weidman, what the hell did you expect?

Yea, I have seen it and you're exaggerating the whole thing just like you did in your previous post.
It's not about what I expected, it's about what Weidman expected. He probably didn't anticipate being ragdolled and beat up, while inflicting no damage himself. He appeared to break in the 2nd round, just like he did against Mousasi. He seems like he has a bully mentality, and isn't accustomed to not being able to impose his will, so he just loses heart.

It's not about what I expected, it's about what Weidman expected. He probably didn't anticipate being ragdolled and beat up, while inflicting no damage himself. He appeared to break in the 2nd round, just like he did against Mousasi. He seems like he has a bully mentality, and isn't accustomed to not being able to impose his will, so he just loses heart.

But he wasn't ragdolled and beat up. You're making that up. The finish was brutal, yes, but until that point it was a very competitive fight. Why are you not talking about Weidman getting Romero down and controlling him for a bit at the end of the first round? I was just wondering because you're highlighting Romero's 40 second success on the ground at the end of the second.

But I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Man , i dont know. All i want are good fights. I could care less about titles anymore.

Whittaker is out for how long?

But he wasn't ragdolled and beat up. You're making that up. The finish was brutal, yes, but until that point it was a very competitive fight. Why are you not talking about Weidman getting Romero down and controlling him for a bit at the end of the first round? I was just wondering because you're highlighting Romero's 40 second success on the ground at the end of the second.

But I guess we see what we want to see, huh.
Chris got some takedowns in the first, but never had control. He also never had Romero in trouble, or even landed a significant strike from what I remember.

In the 2nd round, that wasn't just a takedown, he tossed Weidman on his head like a training partner. That, the body kicks that were clearly hurting Weidman. And then controlling him for a good portion of the round, sapped Weidman physically and mentally.

All my opinion of course. I could be wrong

Yeah Weidman really reaching there.

Why do people not give Weidman any credit for his win against Gastelum? Bloated WW? Not the UFC's fault the man can't make weight. He is a MW. He is trying to make a serious run for MW. Gastelum was also dominated in that fight iirc. His only highlight was landing that punch and couldn't even finish Weidman.

I think it should be Romero or no one. Salthold just got smashed, Weidman needs another win and the image of Jacare getting absolutely destroyed by Whittaker is still fresh in my mind and I haven't seen anything to imply that fight would go any differently a second time around

Gotta be the soldier of Gay Jesus, Jacare vs Weidman for the next crack after that and throw Brunson and Gastelum in there for like a secondary contenders match

Plus Whittaker did win that fight against Yoel but it was an awesome fight I'd love to see again and it wasn't by such a wide margin I couldn't see Yoel taking a rematch

Says the guy who went on a downhill skid the moment USADA testing began
<OKC16>

C'mon man, you act like he was dominating him. If he was winning it was by some shitty leg kicks. Weidman was looking to point fight to a decision.
And was winning until Yoel landed the flying knee. That's what I've been saying this entire time.

Back