chris weidman or jake shields

jasonjonesmma

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I think this would be a pretty even matchup. Who do you think would get the win?

Weidman by not being one dimensional. Plus Shields was never really a MW, just a big WW who moved up to MW for good fights. Weidman probably has a good 10 pounds on him.

Weidman would easily stop his takedowns and outstrike him. Weidman by UD.

I think it would look like the Munoz fight only worse. Jake has nothing for Weidman.

I would rather see an Okami rematch. I think my boy Yushin would take it easily.

Okami vs Weidman would be a tough call.

Weidman vs Shields would be pretty one sized.

Weidman is a stronger Shields with better wrestling. His bjj is not as good as Shields but I don't think it is that far off. Weidman takes this fight on the feet or from top position.

Would be complete domination by Weidman. Not even close at all.

Weidman by striking
On the ground it's a close fight but it'd never get there

Weidman would likely win and probably make it look easy.

With that being said....I hope I NEVER have to see Shields fight again.

I like Shields, but Weidman would stomp him. Bad match-up.

Weidman is pretty much Shields with actual raw power and dynamic movements. Probably bit less polished technically, but sheer physical difference is too big.

shields is getting older and unless he puts together some sort of standup, IMO he won't be competitive again at any weight class.

It could be domination by Weidman or a Shields grapple fest. I could see either one playing out.

I would love Shields vs Jacare.

Intriguing match-up. Jacare's stand-up has been steadily improving, and he does have power in his hands, so I believe he would have an advantage on the feet. On the ground it's a toss-up, but if it does go the distance, I think Jake has better endurance.

Weidman is a real deal. His wresting and speed is dangerous. IMHO he is the next big thing in MW

Intriguing match-up. Jacare's stand-up has been steadily improving, and he does have power in his hands, so I believe he would have an advantage on the feet. On the ground it's a toss-up, but if it does go the distance, I think Jake has better endurance.

While Mayhem almost getting a sub can be considered some kind of 'fluke', I guess, I still would say that Jacare ground game has to be considered better.

Back