Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

chris weidman is an honest man. just one more thing he and i agree on.

Can we make a list of fighters that Anderson wouldn't kill?

Anderson kills 99.99% of humans on this earth. The exception being Fedor of course.

with what? his dangerous game off his back? :redface:

No. Weidman wouldn't even get past his striking.
Not to mention Anderson is underrated off his back. The guy has been there a fair few times and has either submitted someone or stopped the man on top from doing anything.

Haters gonna hate

Not to mention Anderson is underrated off his back. The guy has been there a fair few times and has either submitted someone or stopped the man on top from doing anything.

In his younger days, Silva would even pull guard. He has no fear being on his back.

i've seen fighters with decent game plans do just fine standing with anderson. all they needed was a game which wasn't one dimensional. weidman doesn't have that problem as he's a very versatile fighter.

yes, anderson does have some submissions off his back, but he's also looked extremely vulnerable off his back as well, being unable to get back to his feet, or prevent his opponents from getting passed his guard on many occasions. i'm definitely not saying that he's helpless, but weidman would certainly have the advantage on the ground.

Bisping is arguably the top 10 MW with the smallest chance to upset Anderson.

While Anderson is the rightful big favorite over everyone at MW, Bisping simply poses no tools to get even a crazy odds upset. Other then an 'anything can happen...Anderson might trip and KO himself' type win, Bisping's chance is as near zero as we have ever seen in championship fight.

Sad that is the type of opponent so many want for Anderson in his remaining fights when the only rightful knock on his great career is the lack of elite or top level opponents who could really test him.

I wonder if Bisping is going to be a big trash talking baby towards Anderson or if he'll come to the table with a bit more respect.

He is going to be a big trash talking baby...
but he'll need to be creative to overcome Chael "tell Anderson Silva I will pat his wife on the ass and have her make me a steak" Sonnen.

Well Anderson would kill a lot of guys.

He's a far worse matchup than Bisping, and you're just hating if you deny that.

Weidman has the takedowns to put Silva on his back and, unlike Chael, the submission skills to put him in real trouble there.

Say what you want, but Weidman easily poses the biggest threat to Anderson at MW.

Yeah, people keep on saying all that but nobody's beaten him yet...Weidman's got a good record and some skills, but he's still a little green compared to Anderson and most of the people he's faced in the UFC. You predicting that Chris can do this or that to him is just an opinion of what could happen when they fight.

I actually think that if Bisping gets past Belfort somehow (avoids getting caught by a hard shot and an "old Vitor" flurry), he and Anderson would a funny fight. I'm pretty sure that Anderson would let Bisping come out and throw some punches, feel him out, and then toy with him and crush him like he did to Forrest for some reason.

Back