Chris Weidman is more talented fighter than Jones.

Weidman has done more in his first set of fights than Jones did, comparatively.

He also beat one of the GOATs at a time when many thought he was at his absolute peak, which Jones cannot and will not ever be able to claim.

Hard to beat the GOAT when you are the mother fucking GOAT...

I Rockhold has a slick ground game and I think his stand up and TDD is pretty damn good.

Rockhold is good, and could definately win, if he fought the same fight against chris as he did against jacare......only difference is weidman has WAY better td's and it'd be much tougher...and his ground game is a step below weidmans

Weidman is good

But jones is more proven at this point

Maybe, the only to know this, is to put them in a fight against each other.

Jones isn't the GOAT, he's got 5 less top 10 wins and a much shorter winning streak than the GOAT had.

He stated he hasn't beat one of the "GOAT" and he never will...

Since he fights at LHW and is the GOAT at LHW, it would be hard for him to have that on his resume..

Oh and quality over quantity..

He stated he hasn't beat one of the "GOAT" and he never will...

Since he fights at LHW and is the GOAT at LHW, it would be hard for him to have that on his resume..

You need to specify the weight class then.

numbers, man... some don't do so well with it

Yeah, people like you and the TS.

Weidman won the title almost four and a half years after his pro debut. Jones won the belt fewer than three years after his. Weidman beat Silva when he was 29. Jones has been champ since he was 23. Failure to take those numbers into account makes this entire subject a farce.

Wait for Chris to defend his title 7 times. He's got 6 to go and a lot of sharks coming Machida, Jacare, Belfort and Rockhold to name a few. And potentially Rashad if he ever drops or fights again Jesus he's been out awhile

This.

The points the OP brought up are definitely impressive and I think anyone would agree that Weidman is smart/has a high fight IQ, but he just isn't as proven as Bones.

Let's see what he does when someone hits that chin.

Last edited:
No way Weidman beats the list of people Jones has beaten.

This.

The points the OP brought up are definitely impressive and I think anyone would agree that Weidman is smart/has a high fight IQ, but he just isn't as proven as Bones.

Agreed...

I forget this is Sherdog...

Well if you're going to be vague people aren't going to understand what you mean. I don't like the concept of a overall GOAT but it's popular and IMO if there is one it's Fedor.

Well if you're going to be vague people aren't going to understand what you mean. I don't like the concept of a overall GOAT but it's popular and IMO if there is one it's Fedor.

Yea ok my bad.

Only because you also believe Fedor is GOAT..:icon_chee

It truly is crazy how far he has come in such a short amount of time. I just hope he can stay healthy and continue to up his game.

Yeah, people like you and the TS.

Weidman won the title almost four and a half years after his pro debut. Jones won the belt fewer than three years after his. Weidman beat Silva when he was 29. Jones has been champ since he was 23. Failure to take those numbers into account makes this entire subject a farce.

Since you guys are ignoring this post (as expected), I'll throw in the facts that Jones also made his UFC debut on extremely short notice fewer than four months after he started fighting professionally (Weidman made his debut after two years in the sport) and that Jones didn't start training with a real camp until late 2009, which is roughly 18 months before he won the belt.

ETA That's not to say that Weidman's rise hasn't been extremely impressive and rapid, but the move to downplay all of Jones' accomplishments in MMA has fallen to comical lows.

Last edited:
Back