Chris Weidman Hope or hype

Ignore the insecure Anderson fans who've been cheering for Bisping title shots even before he was matched with Belfort. Their ploy is so obvious and their Weidman bashing even more obvious in terms of their reasons for doing it. First Munoz was a legit title contender, now he's a bum. First Maia was a legit title contender to gauge how elite someone is, now beating him on extreme short notice shows that you suck. First Sonnen beating Stann meant nothing to deserve a title shot, then beating Stann meant Bisping should get a title shot. Round and round the stupid game goes cheering for waste of time fights for a P4P legend they are supposedly fans of (yet have 0 confidence in for everything but gimme fights apparently).

He beat a top 5 guy on short notice and utterly demolished the other top 5 guy. Give him an exciting fight when he comes back. If he wins, title shot. In the meantime, consider the source of all the bashing and take it with a grain of salt. Nearly 50% of Weidman "fans" may very well be Anderson haters in disguise (who would toss him away should he lose to Anderson) but more than 90% of Weidman haters appear to be this peculiar variety of extremely insecure Anderson fans.

Ya and what if bisping goes on to beat belfort using his wrestling and then goes on to never win another mma fight. What if belfort wins and then get immediately ko'd again. What if weidman loses to silva then goes on to become a dominant champion with many defenses afterssilva retires.

If that is the mind set you want then silva probably should never defend his title and just retire. It's stupid to try and predict how a fighters career will turn out and that is why you should just fight the number one contenders as they come instead of playing these games.

It wasn't even a prediction on Chris really. More so how you guys will look at Weidman since we've yet to see him tested against top strikers in his young career. Nothing more, nothing less and you proved me right on saying how you'd react, he'll be just another Lutter or Cote to you. That was all.

I want to see Silva simply fight the next best guy and at this moment, a true #1 contender match is needed for that imo. A fight where both fighters are in contention. Not this Vitor/Bisping or Weidman/Munoz crap were only one of the fighters of a match is up next if they win. The division is starting to shape up with potential and they need a real contender match. I see nothing wrong with that. If Bisping wins, at this point, he should actually fight Weidman for a title but Bisping shouldn't be fighting someone that doesn't have a shot at the title in the first place imo.

I would have loved to see him against chael, if he was stil MW. Jacare is a new addition, and that would be a great match up IMO. Also, I would have loved to see him face a striker with good TDD to cement his position, but nobody really springs to mind? Maybe Rockhold could be a good match up, but i dont think the UFC will see this as a good set up fight for Weidman.

WM is definatley a shallow division, thats for sure.

. Also, I would have loved to see him face a striker with good TDD to cement his position, but nobody really springs to mind?

To be fair. Sakara is a excellent striker with excellent TD defense.

BTW. It was his welcome fight to the UFC on very short notice. He toasted him.

A little bit of both. Anderson haters act like he's the one to do Anderson in and Anderson fans act like he's no good.

I don't think he would beat Anderson, but if he wins one more fight he definitely deserves it more than anyone in the division IMO.

I wouldn't be against Lombard getting a title shot ASAP though....

They train together. They won't fight.

Ya, that's kind of why I, ya know....Stated he won't fight him....

How convenient heh....

Anderson must be ducking. No way it's amicable

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. If you asked Jacare? Who knows, maybe he really wants to be champ and doesn't care....

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. If you asked Jacare? Who knows, maybe he really wants to be champ and doesn't care....

Of course it's Anderson's doing in your eyes. Fucking hilarious.

:icon_lol:

I would love to see what tested means to you then. He tore Munoz ass up..

And who did Munoz beat? CB dollaway ? Who is Mark Munoz...
Weidman's best footage around are still his adcc fights, he didn't prove anything on mma.
Match Weidman with Lombard, Jacare, Bisping, Sonnen, and then i'll start care'ing.

Ignore the insecure Anderson fans who've been cheering for Bisping title shots even before he was matched with Belfort. Their ploy is so obvious and their Weidman bashing even more obvious in terms of their reasons for doing it. First Munoz was a legit title contender, now he's a bum. First Maia was a legit title contender to gauge how elite someone is, now beating him on extreme short notice shows that you suck. First Sonnen beating Stann meant nothing to deserve a title shot, then beating Stann meant Bisping should get a title shot. Round and round the stupid game goes cheering for waste of time fights for a P4P legend they are supposedly fans of (yet have 0 confidence in for everything but gimme fights apparently).

He beat a top 5 guy on short notice and utterly demolished the other top 5 guy. Give him an exciting fight when he comes back. If he wins, title shot. In the meantime, consider the source of all the bashing and take it with a grain of salt. Nearly 50% of Weidman "fans" may very well be Anderson haters in disguise (who would toss him away should he lose to Anderson) but more than 90% of Weidman haters appear to be this peculiar variety of extremely insecure Anderson fans.

Too much quality text to not get a bump. Not sure where those statistics at the bottom comes from :) but I agree with the general points.

Lol, you can't really believe this. No one called Munoz a legit title contender other than Dana White.

Anderson haters tho were laughing at the prospect of Munoz getting a title shot. But then Chris 9 fights Weidman beats him and all the sudden Munoz is a living legend. Anderson haters were laughing at Demian Maia getting a title shot but then the prodigy beats him in possibly the worst fight of the year and now Maia is a living legend.

Stop saying 'top 5 guy'. Say Mark Munoz. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it now does it?

Back