Chris Weidman Hope or hype

I think Weidman is one bad mama jama and a legitimate threat to Silva. That elbow he landed on Munoz was a flash of brilliance, and Weidman's stand-up is nothing compared to his grappling.

Please. He beat a K-1 Maia that forgot that he is world champion grappler.

don't you tell me that Weidman is a better grappler than Maia. He is not.

That fight was nothing to write home about for either fighter. Maia was pretty damn ill and Weidman took it on short notice and looked like for both of them. But it looks good on paper and some people don't care to look at it any further than the paper.

I simply need to see more to consider him a threat but he is a top contender, just not a lone contender in the division.

Last edited:
Exactly this... they're the reason every Weidman thread becomes goes over 100 pages in like an hour.

quite the opppsite...hes a silva haters only option...a last resort last ditch effort since everyone else has been disposed of...you guys jump from one guy to the next every single time...if it isnt hendo, its belfort, then okami, then sonnen, then sonnen again and if anderson doesnt rematch every single dangerous guy hes ever fought hes ducking them too even if he demolished them in the 1st fight...nevermind the fact they havent done fuck all to earn a rematch in the 1st place...its retarded already...hes the only current champion to step up in weight multiple times and even fought a guy fresh off a LHW championship yet hes the one thats not testing himself...sonnen offers to take a fight on short notice and you suck him off, anderson does it and hes ducking...fuck off already

I personally feel his win over Munoz was very big in terms of his ranking at the time, and I think weidman will pose a serious threat to Anderson "IF" he ever gets the shot. But I think he needs another big win first..

So is he hype or hope?

It's little bit of both at this stage and time. He needs at least one more top 5 victory to get that shot with destiny.

I think hes earned his shot at Silva and poses a threat better than anyone else at MW.

This guy is the real deal. You only need to mention his name to make Silva and his management shitting their pants as well as Silva nuthuggers going all out trying to talk him down. They come up with the craziest storys and desperately try to convince everybody that this fight should never happen.

Who has he beat to warrant a fight with the goat

51jrO7n6GjL._SS500_.jpg

Duh. If he is nothing but a hype with fluke wins then he needs to train more, get better and prove himself. If this guy is really good then UFC should build him up before he gets a chance to be destroyed by Andy.
Either way he needs more wins before facing #1 fighter in the world

I think he has great potential and a lot of hope. Now its a bit too much hype

He doesn't seem to be on the same elite level with Silva for sure, but he could possibly pull off a decision win by getting Silva down and smothering him for five rounds. Can't say I would want him as the MW champion over Silva.

If Silva is there then no, he loses every time. When Silva retires, I don't know.

God hype us thrown around way to much. Weidman has proven to be a top mw. He has beat top fighters so obviously has elite skills. But if he can't beat Silva he is hype? That is essentially saying that anyone but silva is hype.

Hope, dude is undefeated for a reason, solid wrestling, good subs, and pretty good striking.

It's just the fact he beat #5 and #3 in the division. Total bulls#it hype. Everybody beats #5 and #3 cans without trouble. Especially beating #5 for 15 minutes after cutting 13% of your bodyweight in 10 days. That's "Training UFC 101"... duh.

Guy is a joke. Look how sloppy his punches are. F#cking extend your shoulder, BRO!

UFC-on-Fuel-tv-4-Weidman-stops-Munoz.gif

Back